F5 Turbo Builders Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If this is not clear let me know and I'll elaborate.

huh

disconnect all wires

then :

+ side from first bridge connect to point marked XX
- side from first bridge connect to point F
- side from second bridge connect to point XX
+ side from second bridge connect to point L

+ input to first choke goes from point M
- input to second choke goes from point x

fat bridge from point XX to point 15+z

output end of first choke goes to point W
output end of second choke goes to point s

positive rail to both amp pcbs from point q
negative rail to both amp pcbs from point c
gnd rail to both amp pcbs from point 15+z
NTC to chassis from point 15+z

connect fat wire bridge between two main gnd points on channel's pcbs (left ch. pcb gnd pad - fat wire - right ch. pcb gnd pad )

each speaker gnd goes from own channels pcb gnd point

each RCA gnd goes to own channels pcb gnd point

Attachments

• MESS.jpg
    MESS.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 464
  • ganjarock_candy.jpg
    ganjarock_candy.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Well, we are one step closer, I put the source diodes back in the circuit and it's still stable. I have not had a chance to get it nice and hot at full bias, I had to go pick up my toddler (well, whatever 3 1/2 is) , and he's down for a nap :)

Again, we need separate verification that all is good. But things are looking very hopeful.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Papa warns on the F-5 that the inputs and outputs need to be well separated. Is it possible that your wiring or the board traces are in too close proximity?

Hmmm... I have no idea. But with the seperate output boards the outputs seem kinda far, so to speak. I would guess (and it's a guess, nothing more) that the wiring between the FE board and the output board could be more of a problem.

See if Papa can take a glance at the PCBs, he might have some insights.

huh

disconnect all wires

then :

Zen Mod I would like to thank you for wading through my messy ps wiring. Things were getting out of hand. The direction was just what I needed.While am thanking people I would also like to thank 6L6 as if I had not made light bulb cord I would have burned out fets as I had started with P1 and P2 in wrong direction also Buzz for his help and Audiosan for his jfet calculations and of couse Mr Pass.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
then you can send that sissy H to me , for proper disposal( I'll have two H , then )

Proper disposal? That a good idea - It's yours if I ever buy a new one. :) :) :) It has universal PSU, so you can use it over there where your voltage is funny.

zoe said:
I got these at the surplus store!

Very nice! I want to see how you wire them, I'm sure it will look great! What's next? Aleph? F6?