F5 Turbo Builders Thread

Joined 2003
Paid Member
it is

don't forget insulators , though :clown:

Having forgot them on my first F-5, which is documented here somewhere or the other had to undo 16 of them and put sil pads underneath. Never forgot that lesson. Plus, and this really hurts, I put "grease" between the backs of the diodes and the case floor...... had to clean all that up to. Hard lesson to learn, but that one stuck with me!

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
it is

don't forget insulators , though :clown:

Having forgot them on my first F-5, which is documented here somewhere or the other had to undo 16 of them and put sil pads underneath. Never forgot that lesson. Plus, and this really hurts, I put "grease" between the backs of the diodes and the case floor...... had to clean all that up to. Hard lesson to learn, but that one stuck with me!

Russellc

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member

Attachments

• F5 Turbo v2 BOM.pdf
    43.2 KB · Views: 138
  • F5 Turbo v3 BOM.pdf
    45.7 KB · Views: 625
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi 6L6,

I suggest to revise the P1 and P2 with the 3296X that have the lateral regulation that is more easy to turn during the bias.

I see that also the new PCBs in the Store now have the serigraph with the lateral.

In the photo you can see what I mean. Now I can bias the ampli easier with the enclosure closed.

Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• 20130930_213858.jpg
    20130930_213858.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 383
Joined 2010
Paid Member
sorry for my bad english... I mean that in the store you can found the photo of the PCBs of the F5T. There you can see that the serigraphy has been modified and now the screw for regulate the trimmer is in the "lateral" side and not in the "top".
I attach a photo to show you what I mean... the 2 trimmers with the "lateral" regolation and the "top" regolation.

Attachments

• Trimmers.jpg
    Trimmers.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 360
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Offcourse... was just a suggestion because I realize only at the end that is very difficult to bias the ampli with the encloser close and the screw on top and I loose a lot of time to found the ones lateral. I have also to desolder the old one etc.
Maybe is good for everybody to know about.
Regards,
Enrico