F5 Turbo Builders Thread

here is a picture of my f5 power supply...couldn't get much simpler. I have done the same type with proto board and snap in caps.

Attachments

• DSC01411.JPG
    DSC01411.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 528
here is a picture of my f5 power supply...couldn't get much simpler. I have done the same type with proto board and snap in caps.

Thats pretty good, maybee I should do that! I also have 2x Rectifiers laying around like them. The diodes im using at the moment are getting a bit hot, can't actually remember now the difference between the normal rectifiers and the MUR ? diodes.

Whats between your caps ?

Hmm u got me thinking now.

Last edited:
Where buy these brackets?

Finished wiring up a V2 monoblock last night. I am in the process of powering up the first time right now. I'm kinda guessing that P3 gets set near the middle of its range.

Anyhow, here are some photos. New UKToecutter boards, diyA chassis.

The plan is to get it up and running (biased) by tonight.

I'll post more details a bit later when I've got a spare moment and the amp's done.

-Nelson
Hi dear .
Congratulation for your nice work!
If it is posible i want to know where buy theese brackets
best regards.
thimios.

Attachments

• F5 BRACKETS.JPG
    F5 BRACKETS.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 459
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Those brackets come with the chassis' available from diyAudio Store.
We're getting in another batch of chassis in a month. ( i know, some may be skeptical) I believe that chassis is the 4U model. The brackets aren't available in the store but HiFi 2000 in Italy might sell them separately

Hi dear .
Congratulation for your nice work!
If it is posible i want to know where buy theese brackets
best regards.
thimios.

Thanks, sorry If I sound a bit impatient at times im just eager, do appreciate the help! :)
yes if i connected +PGND and -PGND it would be good however what I find hard to get my head round is that my transformer only has 3 wires on secondary so i presume i cannot actually make that previous circuit and will have to use Single Graetz as only option
or
this circuit which with 2x24v would be too high voltage anyway, this is preferred to me by far but a shame as the output voltage would be too high :(
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: