F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for this off topic post:
For less you could have Hope Pro hubs, decent spokes ie: Sapim and Mavic rims.
Hope hubs last and can be upgraded with ceramic bearings (free hub can be upgraded to 'all in one cassete'), spokes available at any cycle shop worth its salt due to them not being a specific dia to fit silly small gauge hubs.

In original article, 8-10mF caps per rail was spec'd for the V2, giving a total of 16 for stereo V2. Fo rV3, two PSU's lik ethis was suggested for dual mono setup, meaning total of 32 caps for stereo V3. When i saw Sadhu's PSU board with 10mF written on it, i was afrai ch ewould not hV eadequatefiltering, having only 4-10mF caps per rail. Because heis doing dual.mono psuboard, it will be OK. I am designing a board for my kit GB memebers that will accept the caps they purchased from me. I fyou have a ?, just PM me.

attachment.php

I did see your heat spreader and must admit I was skeptical. I am interested to see what you think when you are cooking with all 8 outputs going. According to the original F5 article I am using for my guide. Each mono block will require about 384 square inches of heat sink. I can't see how I am going to tie all that together with the sinks I have. I will say my F5 runs only warm to the touch with suggested heatsinking.

Attachments

• P1000208.jpg
    P1000208.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 607
  • P1000208 (2).jpg
    P1000208 (2).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,207
That is a side view of my F5. Showing one channel worth of sink. The F5T will have 4 times that per channel. So if running wires is a no no, then I will have to buy or design long PCB's like Mr. sachu's. I have a very fine laser thermometer that shows very little difference from top to bottm or side to side in temp.
images

That is a side view of my F5. Showing one channel worth of sink. The F5T will have 4 times that per channel. So if running wires is a no no, then I will have to buy or design long PCB's like Mr. sachu's. I have a very fine laser thermometer that shows very little difference from top to bottm or side to side in temp.
images

I have four sets of PCBs available for F5V2 Dual mono design(2Xamp boards+2XPower supply Bpards and +1 Rectifier).Pm me if anyone wants them.

Regards,
Sachin

We are building Dual mono design with 2 Power supply boards and two transformers.Each power supply board will have 8 caps of 10000uf 50V,so total 16 caps of 10000uf. Do you think we need more than 10000uf?
Yes,
your total of 16off 10000uF comes to just 160mF for the stereo ClassA amplifier. That is quite low.
We usually see a lot more than +-40mF in a big ClassA amplifier.

I would use +-40mF in a ClassAB 4ohm capable amplifier.

Yes,
your total of 16off 10000uF comes to just 160mF for the stereo ClassA amplifier. That is quite low.
We usually see a lot more than +-40mF in a big ClassA amplifier.

I would use +-40mF in a ClassAB 4ohm capable amplifier.

Thanks Andrew for suggestion.Could you suggest me proper value caps for this amp?We have not bought caps yet so your advise would help.

Regards,
Sachin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.