F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Scott.
I've had good experience with Kendeil caps .... some nice ones 63V 15000uf from umut1001 on ebay (on my ba3 monoblocks). He'll drop you 10% if shopping outside ebay.... worked well for me..... :)

I may have some for sale , but they are 50,000/ 50 V also from Umut ... Haven't decided on them yet ..

Hello.Somebody talking about me here thanks:)

I have very nice caps here.Limited quantity do not miss

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...5000uf-40v-caps-f5-turbo-amp.html#post2981744

Umut,

Tried contacting you a few times on Ebay, sent 2 messages , but you never responded ..

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
yes!!!!

A lot of the changes are so they work with the Universal Mounting Standard (UMS) so they can be bolted easily onto the heatsinks of the new chassis' that we'll have in the store or into a chassis that you already have drilled for a previous PCB from the store.

But in the process, I think they've become a lot more versatile too. Allowing a lot more Turbo options!

Mark

Last edited:
Speaking of the heatsinks for the proposed chassis, please find attached PDF showing the current placement of the holes relative to the top and bottom of the heatsink itself. It would be great to have some feedback from those knowledgeable in the field as to whether our approximations of how much lower to place the holes than the center line to compensate for the top of the heatsink getting hotter than the bottom are spot.

Jojo

Attachments

• DA Mounting Specification PTH.pdf
    49.1 KB · Views: 148
Speaking of the heatsinks for the proposed chassis, please find attached PDF showing the current placement of the holes relative to the top and bottom of the heatsink itself. It would be great to have some feedback from those knowledgeable in the field as to whether our approximations of how much lower to place the holes than the center line to compensate for the top of the heatsink getting hotter than the bottom are spot.

Jojo

2/3 from the top has worked fine for me.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Gentlemen,

Just to let you know, I've been working on a redesign of the boards with Variac that meet diyAudio's USM.
The mounting holes for the input stage and PSU have been modified to match the perforated bottom plate of the pre-drilled case that will be available.

In addition, the PSU now has large screw terminals and accomodates 40mm & 45mm snap-in capacitors.

The Input stage is a single board with a score line for SE and a jumper link for balanced.

Images are posted below.

F5PSUv3.jpg

Power Supply

InputGainStage.jpg

Input Stage

PChOP.jpg

P Channel O/P Board

NChOP.jpg

N Channel O/P Board

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My sinks don't have as large of a wing profile as the one's here, but 2" (~50mm) and one for each diode. It is only a concern. I cannot say with any certainty that it will become a problem. If the beta-testers could tell us about the sink temp under load - that would be most helpful.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I think it's a good bet that any F5T will need to be in a chassis that is not only adequately heatsinked, but a well-ventilated inner case as well.

Or, we could always just use the 200V 35A bridges that have been the staple of the "Pass/Zen/Firstwatt Vernacular" style of PSU. They work.

That said, I really want to see the PSU be easily usable as designed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.