F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and engine heads should not be ground this way

You probably refering to my post.

Who said anithing about engine heads?

I was talking about hand lapping walve seats

each valve on its own seat and that is the proper way to do it after engine is out of machine shoop epecialy on marine diesels with loads of pressure in the pistons.

But this is off topic so I am going to shut the Fluf up and say no more.

Hope you got same constructive to say about F5 as for now you are very much giving me the impression that you are triing to belitle me.

No need for that I do plenty of it by myself.

Heads should be flat and rough - engine blocks should be flat and rough - gasket fills the voids.
Exceptions are 'Wills Rings', requiring 'material retention' and 'Button Heads' which are quite esoteric.
For thermal transfer, hand (or flat bed grind / polish) lapping the heat spreader and heat sink rear surface to a mirror interface, as Blk did, is good, one step further would be to lap the output device/s to the spreader.
This is, of course, is just my 1p's worth, gained from 20+yrs of dealing with high and ultra high performance engineering re engine building.
For my sinks, I'm going Mr.Pass BA style, but BIG, slow forced air and a slight twist.

i will, from now on, keep my thoughts to my self ect ect

Please don't, nice to have propper discussion so there is no need for that and from your post is clear that you missed bit about hand lapping valve seats.

So just apologise for missing that part and I will make ammend by publicaly stating that, as at times this forum is plagued by "professors" that get hi on belitoling other peoples, I was wrong to snap up and bite.

Italian temper having best of my senses as my personal excuse.

I whole heartedly apologize to ALL, for ANYTHING miss read, not read, said out of context or OT - and I'll match your Italian temper with that of a Yorkshire man, traceable to Norse-man stock (That's a joke).
I was merely pointing out the differences in Grinding and Lapping and degrees of for those that might not know. I'm hardly a professor and would not pretend to be such.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I whole heartedly apologize to ALL, for ANYTHING miss read, not read, said out of context or OT - and I'll match your Italian temper with that of a Yorkshire man, traceable to Norse-man stock (That's a joke).
I was merely pointing out the differences in Grinding and Lapping and degrees of for those that might not know. I'm hardly a professor and would not pretend to be such.

Lapping???

Is that what you get at the 'Spearmint Rhino'?

LOL,
maybe grinding as well - but dont try to get there in a 10,000 quid sports car........
(que gigles about bushes, hedges ect).
Funnily, I have used 'minty fresh' tooth paste as a grinding medium..........on metal, just in case this brings any more lewd remarks

Tooth and Hammer works prety well soda bicarb "baking powder"

Also realy good for polishing laser hetched printing cilinders (scrath one of those and is a £100K bill) same dude do this day in day out in the news rags near you unless they invested in ultasound cleaning.
Lapping
Yes is exacley what one does at the Spearmint Rino get bits rubbed on prety close to the face

Disgusting habit (just in case she find out what I am up to with my webb mates).

No would not go there in 10K sports car just in case girls are outside having a fag (I mean cigarette)and cringe, park the 10K sport car and get cab the last few hundred yards.

Maybe this is another typo and was mant to be 100K sport car?

Or steal a proper sport car from the car park and drive that back to same car park making shure girls outside having fag see you.

If you park whit in 10 yards of where the car was one could not get persecuted for Auto teft.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.