F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If we cut the traces in the middle of the board, add jumpers in the middle of the board?

Depends on how many would be interested in that option, i'd think.

If it's a mere 1 in 10, more appropiate would be to grab a dremel to cut the traces.
In that case, 1-2 pairs of added mounting holes in the center of the board would be sufficient.
The remaining 9 of 10 would have to install the jumper, not particularly rational, no ?

Lovely board, Mr Andy sir.

Are you worried about the cost ..? did i say i was worried about the cost ? San said it would be cheaper , I'm pointing out it is not...
Interesting to see how many of you actually build Mono's .....

a lot will build mono's, of F5 v3 that is.
there is a reason that you never(almost) see a 2x100W+ class A stereo amp.
i'm talking about 100W class A not A/B.
so a power draw of 450+W of the wall.
without fans that is. that was the whole point here.

Last edited:
thank you:)
and yes. stacking to monoblocks will take less room then a stereoamp. but you need good space between them. the best will be to place them side by side in the middle of the rack. think thats easyer too. depending on your setup of course.
If the mono-blocks were square, then you could stack them with one rotated 90 degrees relative to to other and not have the heatsink air-flow compromised for the mono-block on top.

Are you worried about the cost ..? did i say i was worried about the cost ? San said it would be cheaper , I'm pointing out it is not...
Interesting to see how many of you actually build Mono's .....

Well, I can't imagine why else anyone wouldn't want boards which will benefit more people since it seems impractical to have a board with 8 outputs on it running high bias class A. Will run too hot. Only make sense to me that many will be discouraged from building something so complex in one chassis. Obviously, it isn't gonna be a project for frugal builders. So the easier it is to build, the more interest it will attract.

If the mono-blocks were square, then you could stack them with one rotated 90 degrees relative to to other and not have the heatsink air-flow compromised for the mono-block on top.

should look lovely .... :p

Well, I can't imagine why else anyone wouldn't want boards which will benefit more people since it seems impractical to have a board with 8 outputs on it running high bias class A. Will run too hot. Only make sense to me that many will be discouraged from building something so complex in one chassis. Obviously, it isn't gonna be a project for frugal builders. So the easier it is to build, the more interest it will attract.

AGAIN !!!! ...:rolleyes:

I'm not against any of this, I was address Mr San's redonculous statement that it would be cheaper, it is not, i don't care if toe made a PCB for each output , personally i would prefer 14 outputs /ch , yeah , maybe i will push for that , this way we could choose 2/4/8/12/14 ...:p

Being serious as JV, i could use more outputs , what say you ..... :)

No fans , Krell KSA200 ........

Krell KSA-200S
Krell's new KSA-200S is a large stereo chassis, conservatively rated at 200Wpc into 8 ohms (23dBW). The rating continues to double down to a 1 ohm loading, where a 1600Wpc output is specified. Krell's proprietary output-stage bias system delivers dynamic class-A operation up to the maximum 8 ohm power rating, with an increasing proportion of class-AB operation with the higher current associated with lower load impedances. This "Sustained Plateau" biasing scheme is said to offer the sonic benefits of pure class-A without the massive energy inefficiency and correspondingly huge, hot heatsinks. The energy-conscious KSA-200S idles at 120W. If it ran in pure class-A, it would have to idle at around 1kW—over eight times as much wasted energy drawn from the wall.

funny that the 200S only idles at 120W?

and so big sinks:)

Attachments

• 99krellksa200s.jpg
    99krellksa200s.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 363
0.325A bias per Motorola, 77Vdc rails, makes 25W.
Six on each heatsink, 36 total, makes 900W dissipation.

The heatsinks Krell used on the 200B are 0.30C/W, so they ran stupidly hot.
Why they broke down so often.

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

that tells it all:) i wonder. had that happend with monoblocks at 2/3 the hight and same sink type and depht? no.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.