F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do the math , it cost more to "build" 2 chassis than one, no matter which way you slice it . Here we can buy used exotica for 2K, so guess what spending 2 K for DIY does not make much sense.

Precisely, this will keep going around and around , i guess most here have never had a 100 watt class-a amp , it's monster size, monster heat , monster consumption.

Whats the cost on those sinks .... ?

You mean more convenient, Hard to make room or justify 4 mono chassis plus cost...

does it? when the stereo amp must be 4x taller? thats twice as much heatsinks as for 2 monoblocks. and the heatsinks are the most expensive part of the chassis. only topp and bottom plates that will be more expensive on monoblocks. and thats about 30$.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am a big fan of the idea of separating the output boards and input boards. This would allow for people to make the standard SE build, mono-blocks and balanced cleanly. It sounds like there are a number of people (myself included) who are looking to do balanced builds, and a separate input board could be made to support a balanced option (probably would only need a few jumper locations). It also makes building mono-blocks more straight forward as well.

Separating the input and output boards would provide the maximum flexibility, at the expense of a little added cost. In the scheme of things, the added cost for the PCB's would be pretty insignificant.

My 2 cents.

I agree, and allow for 2,3,4 outputs possibly - in an ideal world of roll your own need PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.