F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know.
I put forward an argument based on what I understand the diode brings to the equation.
I will listen to other argument/s and comment where I think I can bring further useful information to the table.

I note that Pass have not come in to comment one way or the other on the intended way that the diode should operate. I wonder why?

Hello all,
First off just want to apologize. I somehow completely missed the few posts after my last about PSU diode heatsink temps. The discussion has obviously evolved several subjects since then.

So, I have input jets with an Idss of 7.1mA Should I go ahead and make the component changes to accommodate the lower values? Or, should I use the default values and see if I run into issues.
If yes to new components- I have read of changing R3,R4 to a lower value or changing P1,P2 to 10k.
Is one method better than the other?

Hello all,
First off just want to apologize. I somehow completely missed the few posts after my last about PSU diode heatsink temps. The discussion has obviously evolved several subjects since then.

So, I have input jets with an Idss of 7.1mA Should I go ahead and make the component changes to accommodate the lower values? Or, should I use the default values and see if I run into issues.
If yes to new components- I have read of changing R3,R4 to a lower value or changing P1,P2 to 10k.
Is one method better than the other?

I woul lean towards lower Rs over bigger pot, but either will work.

See if you run into trouble. My guess is you will have max Vgs of about 3-3.5V. You could p arallel another 10r across current one and remeasure and see what that gets you. Just tak eth eoppportunity to play, experiment and learn. We will all be here to laugh at you and help you. If it gets bad, i hav eplenty of sad buildin gstories to cheer you up. Just yesterday i blew up a resistor. Quite impressiv ereally. Who would have thought you needed glasses for this sort of thing:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.