F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
At those prices + shipping to the US, I would think it better to your own case .. DIY ... look at that...:)

Yup, they are not cheap, but i quoted the front/rear aluminum panels vs steal. Without the 10MM front panel and aluminum rear panel, they are $175 for the 400mm, and there's other options you can see on their website.

Par-metal is a less-expensive option, but wasn't able to get a good picture on how the heat-sinks attached to the chassis so I passed on them. They offer different heatsinks, which might be benifical and from the pictures you do see, they look more solid than HiFi's offering for the large chassis.

I did consider using Front Panel Express with Heatsink USA's heatsinks, but the total cost is higher with the FPE panels as each cut is costly. Cutting the vents for the covers greatly increases the cost to where I felt HiFi as a better starting point. I have used them for the rear plates, but nothing a drill press can't solve.

Sure you can scrounge for chassis parts and build something even cheaper or fabricate your own panels, but the investment in tools and time might not be something everyone would want to do.

My initial plan was to build an F5, BA3 and later added AJX, and now I have the F5V3 to toss in the mix :) ...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Etiketa-sa-dim.-kucista.jpg
    Etiketa-sa-dim.-kucista.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 428
  • tongue10.gif
    tongue10.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 434
ABOUT HIFI 2000

Matter of taste.
For monoblocks, for instance, you finish with huge empty boxes when all that room in the middle can be used by larger finns heatsinks ending as less tall and more efficient cases.
As for that bottom plate you'll have to rework.
As for thin back plates.

the "emty" space depends very much on your PSU. i have never had any problem filling up the space:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ABOUT HIFI 2000

Matter of taste.
For monoblocks, for instance, you finish with huge empty boxes when all that room in the middle can be used by larger finns heatsinks ending as less tall and more efficient cases.
As for that bottom plate you'll have to rework.
As for thin back plates.

some pics : Babelfish J za hifish-a - diyaudio.rs

take a good look at tech. bottom plate - that shiny perforated thingy ;

much stiffer than black bottom/top ones

in any case - they give option ( more greenies !) for Al top/bottom & back plates .....

Joined 2011
Paid Member
some pics : Babelfish J za hifish-a - diyaudio.rs

take a good look at tech. bottom plate - that shiny perforated thingy ;

much stiffer than black bottom/top ones

in any case - they give option ( more greenies !) for Al top/bottom & back plates .....

Good to know the shiny perforated thingy is stronger than the bottom/top ones. Does it flex at all with that extra lip? I don't see the base panel for the 500mm depth chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.