F5 Turbo Circuit Boards - Page 186 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2012, 03:47 PM   #1851
omishra is offline omishra  India
diyAudio Member

Even I can drop in if required. I can help is getting new PCB design provided you need to guide me what you want.
Old 19th October 2012, 01:52 AM   #1852
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Are we there yet ....
Old 19th October 2012, 02:01 AM   #1853
diyAudio Member

very soon as far as i know if there's not been any delays, it is about 1-2 weeks away
Old 21st October 2012, 11:50 PM   #1854
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSan View Post
why not just use the store PSU boards? one pr ch.
if you dont have room for 2 side by side. then stack them on top of each other.
This is correct. If you have 30mm dia caps then you can have 8 on each board and stack them . Here's a link to a board image. Click on it to enlarge it further:
http://www.diyaudio.com/store/amplif...cap-diode.html

You can connect the 2 boards using the holes for 35mm caps on the same board. First snap off the diode section on both boards and use one of them for your diodes. The photo doesn't show it but the current boards are scored so they can be snapped. You need to separate it anyway because that way you can fold the diodes out flat to mount them to a heatsink or the back of the front panel or to the base (probably not enough for an F5t ) (There was a lot of concern by some that the toecutter PSU boards didn't have adequate heatsinking for the diodes)

Now just mount one on top of the other using long standoffs or bolts , then run short jumpers between the boards between the holes c12 to C12 , c13 to C13,c14 to C14, c15 to C15. You then have 16 caps in an efficient configuration with plenty of resistor mounting points. Of course you can do the same with the boards side by side, just not as tidy..

Ok, if you happened to have bought 35mm caps you would have to buy a lot of boards or get the biggest 35mm caps you can find, because you only get 4 per board, and the jumpers are a lot harder to install, so that's a problem, but if you haven't gotten any yet, then get 30mm

Last edited by Variac; 22nd October 2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:46 AM   #1855
diyAudio Member

i use the bottom as heatsinking for the rectifiers. 270x500mm, 3mm thick alu plate.
that worked fine for aleph2 also so i guess it will also do for F5 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
This is correct. If you have 30mm dia caps then you can have 8 on each board and stack them . Here's a link to a board image. Click on it to enlarge it further:
Universal PSU, Capacitor and Diode Combination Board (Pre-scored and easy to snap into sections) - Power Supplies and Accessories - PCBs

You can connect the 2 boards using the holes for 35mm caps on the same board. First snap off the diode section on both boards. and use one of them for your diodes. You need to separate it anyway because that way you can fold the diodes out flat to mount them to a heatsink or the back of the front panel or to the base (probably not enough for an F5t ) (There was a lot of concern by some that the toecutter PSU boards didn't have adequate heatsinking for the diodes)

Now just mount one on top of the other using long standoffs or bolts , then run short jumpers between the boards between the holes c12 to C12 , c13 to C13,c14 to C14, c15 to C15.
You then have 16 caps in an efficient configuration with plenty of resistor mounting points.

Last edited by Variac; 22nd October 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:20 AM   #1856
nrg2009 is offline nrg2009  United States
diyAudio Member

It looks like a very well thought out PSU board.
bummer: i won't make the Burning Amp festival! It's a true shame! I need the rabbit to come out of the hat!
Old 22nd October 2012, 04:20 AM   #1857
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSan View Post
i use the bottom as heatsinking for the rectifiers. 270x500mm, 3mm thick alu plate.
that worked fine for aleph2 also so i guess it will also do for F5 turbo
OK if you have access to a drill press with depth adjustment (so you don't drill all the way through!)you can drill and tap into the back of the front panel of the new diyAudio Big A chassis to mount the diodes Since it's 10mm thick by more than 400mm wide by more than 200mm tall it would be perfect I think as a sink for the diodes.Blind tapping the holes might require two taps- one regular and one to follow ground flat at the tip.
Old 22nd October 2012, 09:33 AM   #1858
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
...............Blind tapping the holes might require two taps- one regular and one to follow ground flat at the tip.
if you are serious about tapping then buy the set of three taps. taper, intermediate and plug.
The plug is the specially ground version for tapping to near the bottom of a blind hole.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:10 AM   #1859
diyAudio Member

Sachin,
Received the boards. They are very nicely done. Thank you!
Old 11th November 2012, 01:35 AM   #1860
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Are we there yet ..........

Hide this!Advertise here!