F5 Turbo Circuit Boards - Page 142 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2012, 01:31 AM   #1411
diyAudio Member

This is a very important error, Eyoung. The part spec'd by Nelson is the Mur3020W and is linked below

http://www.vishay.com/docs/94080/mur3020w.pdf

Very easy mistake to make. Fortunately anyone who got this part would not suffer any negative consequences, as it indeed conducts much later than the "w" designated part.

Tea is right about being able to tweak circuit for other idss fets, but doing so does change parameters such as FE gain. How much this affect things, I do not know. I dont thin it matters whether it is cascode version or not. Low idss fets should have same effect no matter the version.
Old 7th May 2012, 01:48 AM   #1412
eyoung is offline eyoung  United States
diyAudio Member

I got lazy and did not type the full designation I got those figures on the IR data sheet for the MUR3020WTPbF. I was wondering if there is a single diode substitute to make it easier to piggyback on a stock F5 V2.0 board, any suggestions?

E in the warm South
Old 7th May 2012, 02:18 AM   #1413
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

So please look over UKToecutter's boards here and check for errors. Otherwise they're ready to go. He has decided to have the boards available in the store instead of sending them out himself.

F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Here is his spreadsheet for ordering boards.

https://docs.google.com/a/crozone.co...nN2xyeUE#gid=0

Problem is that the boards are a bit different now, but to me it seems easy to figure out what people want. These are the assumptions I made:

First categories are Input Boards and Balanced Input Boards. It would seem that they are now the same thing, ie now a double board with the scored center line?

So it seems we could combine the categories, and for each 2 old input boards requested put 1 new Input Bd. And for each balanced board requested 1 new Input Bd.

Next category is Output Boards.

the old Output Bds worked for both P and N channels. If someone ordered 2 then its pretty safe to assume that they wanted one N and one P? I note that all the orders are for an even number, so I think its safe to assume that they want half P and half N.

Hmmmm? Combo boards? And Single boards? Now that we have boards with only 2 positions, maybe we don't need singles? Maybe just cut the number in half , then make half P and half N?

I think we'll create a New Board Request spreadsheet. And leave the original, and ask you people to confirm that what you put on the NBR spreadsheet is correct, and that you're still interested. Its been a while so confirmation of interest is good..

We'll get to it soon
Mark

Last edited by Variac; 7th May 2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 7th May 2012, 02:37 AM   #1414
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoung View Post
hola guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but the MUR3020 has a V forward of 1.05V@25c and .85V@150c.
Hola,

at 15A, homes.

For a higher Vf at 0.1A, see the OnSemi MUR3040/60 PTG, not as linear though.

(hope you gents realise that a diode is a semiconductor)

Last edited by jacco vermeulen; 7th May 2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old 7th May 2012, 03:40 AM   #1415
Rush is offline Rush  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
So please look over UKToecutter's boards here and check for errors. Otherwise they're ready to go. He has decided to have the boards available in the store instead of sending them out himself.

F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Here is his spreadsheet for ordering boards.

https://docs.google.com/a/crozone.co...nN2xyeUE#gid=0

Problem is that the boards are a bit different now, but to me it seems easy to figure out what people want. These are the assumptions I made:
If we are looking down on the boards in the linked photo, as far as I can see Q5 and Q6 are still wrong. The double line is on the wrong side. The Emitter should point to the JFET's Drain and they don't. I had to draw them on a piece paper and turn it upside down to make sure.
I put them in according to the graphic on the board and had to unsolder them in the prototype V2 boards and turn them around.
Secondly there are not enough ground holes. The link hole has no open ground hole to link to. Input ground wire, power ground wire, Link to where? double wires in one hole?

One more thing, in this new version, where is the hole for the speaker output? All the O/P holes in the input board are full, you wouldn't want to take the speaker wire from the N or P boards. You should connect the speaker wire to where the N and P boards connect together, at the input board, right?.

Rush

Last edited by Rush; 7th May 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:33 AM   #1416
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
...........they are not biased beyond their passing or they would take off,.......
What do you mean?
Old 7th May 2012, 10:34 AM   #1417
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post

Tea is right about being able to tweak circuit for other idss fets, but doing so does change parameters such as FE gain. How much this affect things, I do not know. I dont thin it matters whether it is cascode version or not. Low idss fets should have same effect no matter the version.
So we should be recommending 9-10ma matches based on our experiences is what I take out of it. Easier setting with the pots.
Someone is RUSHing me some JFETs up generously to see how they play in my F5T boards.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 On order |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 7th May 2012, 11:15 AM   #1418
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
What do you mean?
My bad. Mental fart. Lost sight of the fact that the fet still controls current throught the circuit.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:18 AM   #1419
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
So we should be recommending 9-10ma matches based on our experiences is what I take out of it. Easier setting with the pots.
Someone is RUSHing me some JFETs up generously to see how they play in my F5T boards.
I would agree and i think this agrres with the numbers you are getting from the original article. I have even considered J309/271 in the cascode version.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:21 AM   #1420
audiok is offline audiok  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Is anyone finish F5X ? Can you share the comment , compare with normal F5 ?
Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!