F5 Turbo Circuit Boards - Page 131 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:53 PM   #1301
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
diyAudio Member
 
imix500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Ah gotcha. It's that difference in notation across the pond that pops up now and then. µF is pretty common over here. Used to be mF back in the day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:24 PM   #1302
Rush is offline Rush  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Hey, does anyone want to do a you and me group buy on 100 ea $329 plus shipping (50/50) of these caps? I need 48 and will take 48 , 50 or 52, if someone wants to split the rest. Only need one other person. PM me.
ECO-S1VP223DA Panasonic Electronic Components Aluminum Electrolytic
Product Category: Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Snap In
RoHS: Details
Capacitance: 0.022 Farad
Tolerance: 20 %
Voltage Rating: 35 Volts
Series: TSUP
Diameter: 30 mm
Length: 50 mm
Lead Spacing: 10 mm (0.39 in)
Ripple Current: 6.1 Amps

Price per 1 to 24: $5.63
25 to 99: $4.73
100 to 249: $3.29
Rush
I hope this is benefit to all and that Mouser continues to be a great company and help us small guys out.
I had no takers on the mini group buy. I needed 48 caps to complete all 3 power supply boards and was willing to split 100 each pricing with someone, but I couldn't stand to pay $4.73 at the 25 each price.
What to do?
I waited till they were open and called them today, let them know who I was (small fish) and asked them to give me better pricing on 50 than the 25 pricing. She asked me what I had in mind, I went for broke, $3.29 each I said (the 100 each pricing) and she said OK. I got 50 at $3.29 each.
Thought I would share this with you guys, it never hurts to ask when you have a larger quantity.
This is one reason to go for more smaller caps then a few large ones.

Rush
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 07:08 PM   #1303
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Front Row Center
Pass the Dutchie Bump .........
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 11:28 PM   #1304
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
diyAudio Member
 
imix500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
PSU Board is built. Currently reforming the caps as it is obvious they were on the shelf for a while at the distributer.

Assembly was uneventful. It's a very compact board so stuffing in order of smallest to largest was important.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSU Board.jpg (771.4 KB, 520 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 11:55 PM   #1305
Rush is offline Rush  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by imix500 View Post
PSU Board is built. Currently reforming the caps as it is obvious they were on the shelf for a while at the distributer.

Assembly was uneventful. It's a very compact board so stuffing in order of smallest to largest was important.
I noticed there isn't a drain resistor on each rail like the F5. I was going to add a small one in place of C20/21.
What resistors are appropriate for the LED at 32 VDC? I was not sure, but I think they run at 20 ma, so 1500 ohms?
Partially stuffed PS bords.

Rush
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP7534.JPG (438.6 KB, 494 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP7535.JPG (352.2 KB, 480 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 12:12 AM   #1306
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
diyAudio Member
 
imix500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
That was the one thing I was going to comment on- the lack of bleeder resistor. I'm just gonna tack on a 3.3k 5w to each side. No big deal.

I am using three paralleled 10k for the led. Value chosen to give about 10mA at 33v rails.
The led is still pretty bright at 10mA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 01:47 AM   #1307
rizqi is offline rizqi  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
rizqi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: central java
Send a message via Yahoo to rizqi Send a message via Skype™ to rizqi
Nice Job
__________________
Better try it ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 05:13 AM   #1308
Rush is offline Rush  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Default So Far

Couple of things before I forget.

In the BOM R25 and R26 should be equal values. For a 32 VDC +/- rails the values should be 10k ohms and R27 and R28 should be somewhere between 4.75k and 10k ohms. Depends on the idss of your 2SK/2SJ. I am using 10 idss because a have a bunch in that value and the cascode will allow me to use them here. I will have to pull R26 and replace it with a 10k.

Second thing the board needs 2 pairs of AC inputs. Not many transformers with high amp secondaries will be center tapped. I bought an 25 volt AC Antek 1000 VA with 4 secondary windings and will have to make up the pairs on a terminal block and jump to the PS board.

Third thing the 3P fixed terminal blocks are way too small for the transformer secondary windings. Wont come close to fitting, when I jumper to the PS board I will have to use 14 gage wire.

I cut some copper 1/4" plate today to mount my output boards on. The copper is 4" wide and 11" long and it is hard. I wanted to be able to move the board in the event my heatsink isn't working out. This is a lot of work and is slow going.
My work (the one that pays for all this) keeps slowing me down plus sailing on the weekends. It is tough here in Florida.

Rush
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP7537.JPG (414.9 KB, 442 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 07:44 AM   #1309
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harrow, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Couple of things before I forget.

In the BOM R25 and R26 should be equal values. For a 32 VDC +/- rails the values should be 10k ohms and R27 and R28 should be somewhere between 4.75k and 10k ohms. Depends on the idss of your 2SK/2SJ. I am using 10 idss because a have a bunch in that value and the cascode will allow me to use them here. I will have to pull R26 and replace it with a 10k.

Second thing the board needs 2 pairs of AC inputs. Not many transformers with high amp secondaries will be center tapped. I bought an 25 volt AC Antek 1000 VA with 4 secondary windings and will have to make up the pairs on a terminal block and jump to the PS board.

Third thing the 3P fixed terminal blocks are way too small for the transformer secondary windings. Wont come close to fitting, when I jumper to the PS board I will have to use 14 gage wire.

I cut some copper 1/4" plate today to mount my output boards on. The copper is 4" wide and 11" long and it is hard. I wanted to be able to move the board in the event my heatsink isn't working out. This is a lot of work and is slow going.
My work (the one that pays for all this) keeps slowing me down plus sailing on the weekends. It is tough here in Florida.

Rush
All noted.
I have been doing some work on the PSU to accommodate 35mm and 40mm snap in caps and will be replacing the terminal blocks with high current pub mounting screw connectors that will accept ring or spade connectors.

Can you guys comment on the drill holes. Are they all ok?

Andy
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 01:21 PM   #1310
Rush is offline Rush  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKToecutter View Post
All noted.
I have been doing some work on the PSU to accommodate 35mm and 40mm snap in caps and will be replacing the terminal blocks with high current pub mounting screw connectors that will accept ring or spade connectors.

Can you guys comment on the drill holes. Are they all ok?

Andy
The drill holes are on the small side for the 1/2 watt resistors. The larger resistors are fine on both PS and V2 boards. The snap caps snap right in and hold great while you solder them in.

Rush
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F5 clone boards (inc PSU boards) Tazzz Swap Meet 39 7th June 2014 08:02 AM
F5 Turbo is posted Nelson Pass Pass Labs 635 6th April 2014 11:51 AM
F5 turbo problems Rob Dingen Pass Labs 17 11th January 2013 09:38 PM
F5 Turbo ............. if only !!!!!! a.wayne Pass Labs 23 21st January 2012 03:24 AM
UGS Boards and F5 boards DUC985 Swap Meet 0 7th January 2009 08:21 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2