F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Oh also noticed the set allow for 2 pr / channel is this correct?
How do we order more of the break out boards for a full 4 pr / channel?

The kit will make one monoblock with 4 pairs of output devices and half the gain board left over (it snaps in two.)

Or 2 ch of 2 pr per channel...

To make 2 channels with 4 pr per ch requires 2 sets. You end up with one extra
Gain board in effect, but probably you could hand wire it up with one pair for your niece or grandkid.,. ;)

4pr per channel is a monster amp!

Last edited:
The kit will make one monoblock with 4 pairs of output devices and half the gain board left over (it snaps in two.)

Gain board in effect, but probably you could hand wire it up with one pair for your niece or grandkid.,. ;)

Yeah its going to be a monster... 4 cases :D

Last edited by a moderator:
4pr/channel will take 2 sets of boards. Esentally you will use all the output boards per channel.

You will wind up with a couple extra FE boards that way, which with a little planning and modification you can probably make a BA-3 gain stage for a preamp project or something.

:) :) :)

Maybe one day if the store gets enuff boards, may be forced to stick 3prs instead of 2 onto my Cvillier setup and try to keep the smoke on the inside ...

:rolleyes:

@Variac, any idea when round two will commence ....? :headbash:

Give me a couple hours to get kids up and fed and you will see V3 on Tea's boards, without diodes. No diodes only because I dont have sinks for them and dont feel like drilling 16 holes today. If I feel real happy, I will pull those boards off and mount store boards in V3 configuration and do some testing.

V3. No diodes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 355
I already have the IXYS ones :(

How many extras could you possibly have? Four?

I buy tons of extras when I find a good deal. You never know when they're gonna stop making 'em. I wish I bought thousands of the Toshiba JFETs. I'd be able to retire early.

Attachments

• Diodes.jpg
    Diodes.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 469
  • Bridges.jpg
    Bridges.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 464
  • Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 459
Some parts had a price break at 100-200 pieces. Some are surplus. Some are no longer made. I learned the lesson once when parts were discontinued. I want to be buildiing projects five years from now with the right parts and not substituting parts or scrounging for the few available parts left. Most people wanna buy only four parts when a new project comes out and are disappointed when they can't find them for $2.

Variac

So I will have to get two sets of the PCB's for my V3 build then? That will be 100$ just for the PCBs :eek:

Anyway, any idea when will the second run be available (my kits will be here any days now ;))?

Regards,

I assure you the PCB's won't be close to the most expensive parts. By the time you build the power supply and get enough heatsinking!

We've decided to release the rest of the boards right away, which means about a week for them to be in stock...

You are right. Other parts cost more. I am thinking in relative terms. "Typically", for a build less than 500$, the PCB (my experience) would be about 5-7 % of the total cost. My estimated total cost for my V3 mono blocks is less than 1000 US$ (hope I will come within budget).

That sounds good. I hope this time around the boards will not run out in 2 days :(.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.