who knows irfp9250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: who has datasheet of irfp9250?

john-china said:

BTW: why i can not find irfp9250 datasheet on IR website ?
didn't IR produce irfp9250 any more?:bawling:

John,
Neither produce 9250 at the moment because of the general
difficulties in making P-channel power MosFets.

I use IRF240 / IRF9140 to achieve nearly complementary
behaviour.

Uli

:nod: :nod: :nod:

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You can always parallel 2 IRFP240's to essentially get a 250.
Similarly I recommend parallel IRFP9240's. The Harris parts
are better complements IMHO, however this is a measurement
issue, not necessarily a sonic one.

I have a keen article related to this which will be posted next
week.

Nelson Pass said:
I have a keen article related to this which will be posted next
week.

I'm REALLY looking forward to that. I have just found this forum, and WOW :D . I'm really impressed ;)

When I found out there was reverse engineered plans for both X and Aleph X amps I almost fell of my chair :bigeyes: ! I have been drooling on those since they arrived :drool: . But as most other here I can NOT afford them (if I could I would have bought them for sure), so DIY is the only way for me to. What really amazed me the most is your reaction to it. All I can say is THANKS, you're the :king: !!

Ok.... what I wanted to say, I would really like an experts (especially yours) advice on picking the right output devices for these amps. There are a lot of factors that comes in to play, and how do we know which ones maters. You know we DIY'ers like to substitute them, to get them at a better price or whatever. Like me, I have 60 of IRFP460 and 10 of IRFP360 ( I got them for free!). I'm really curious if I can use them, and what do I have to think about when using them. I also started to build the A-75's about 8 years ago using IRF630 and IRF9630. I was hoping to be able to use them in an X-amp for my bass horns.

I'm sure there are loads of DIY'ers out there with similar questions. And a good explaining article about the subject would be more than welcome here, especially if someone with your knowledge on the subject wrote it!

Thanks again for the inspiration. Your A-75 article even inspired me (picture on the first page on the second part) to get my Bridgeport clone mill. I'm in the middle of converting it to CNC now.
I hope to be able to make some really cool amp chassis soon. Even plan to make my own heat sinks (and water cooling blocks) :cold: :cool:

Anders

Wooops

Ok, this thread was a bit older than I thought (forgot to check properly :eek: ). I have found the article and it's great!
This forum is rather big and I need some time to find everything here. SO much interesting info here!

A wiki (great invention!) should be made about all the X-amps with links to all the different drawings and layouts. I have found quite a few different the last few days of searching through this huge site! Maybe I'll do that if I find the time (not much spare time around here...... :xeye: ).

Anders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.