F5 Turbo is posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fdlsysl you are welcome
here is the link
DesignSpark | The gateway to online resources and design support for engineers

Loudthud
Farnell still sel the FQA12P20
the FQP19N20 is what I use since last August.
Also from Farnell.

But if you can get them from somewhere else I suggest you do so as Farnell stuff does not match preaty well (most probably loads of batches mixed up)

IF I was so luky to live on the other side of the pond I would buy direct from Farchild
I just got 3000 transistors from there they cost me about £60 + 120 P&P and another bill arived today for £32 customs charge.
I know that they will match well but the charges are rape.

Last edited:
> Are the diode sacting as a sort of bypass capacitor for the current through the fets, essentially providing a resistance free(or greatly reduced) path for current to output?

In a way yes, also a bit like the cathode resistor bypass caps in tube circuits.
The difference is that the cap's impedance is frequency dependent and it introduces a phase shift, but it is continuous and the resulting transfer function is smooth. The diode is voltage (or MOSFET drain current) dependent, acts like a clamp on the maximum voltage across R_source, but does introduce a sharp discontinuity when it kicks in, the latter being a bit like an amplifier's transistion from Class A to Class AB.

Patrick

Looking at post#18, 19, I personally much rather use the UHC solution (K3497/J618).
I can easily reduce R_eff further by using 0R15 o reven 0R1 R_source.
And I get much more linear transfer function all the way up to 12A per FET.

If one then worries about dissipation, one can always cascode the output FETs as well.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.