F5 Turbo is posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a few questions about the v2 version:

what sort of power output could we expect into 6ohm speakers?
What would be an appropriate transformer rating for such output?
If mounting the 4 output devices and the 2 "double" diodes in one heatsink, what w/c value should one look for?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
So let me ask a question about configurations --

I am trying to use higher voltage transformers, but am not concerned about ultimate power output. My transformers are 49v-0-49v

Can the v3 version be used as drawn with only 2 or 3 output pairs? The heatsinking required with the 4 pairs seems to be huge.

Thanks

Thanks Papa for the Turbo. It's been a long time since I read an article with such concentration and passion. Didn't want to miss a word.

Well next few months, if not years are going to be busy with these builds. Need to figure out a source for Fairchilds.

Cheers.

Very interesting reading. Thanks for such an elaborate and thorough manual.

I noticed a couple of changes to the F5 circuit. R17 & R18 are now 100 ohm. And the gate resistors are 100 ohm. I have boards which I built last year. I guess it's not cricital to change those resistors? I don't want to risk my nicely assembled boards.

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.