F5 Turbo is posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How to adjust P3 in Turbo V1/V2

Anyone can throw light on how to adjust P3 which Papa has added in the F5 Turbo design. I do not have a oscilloscope to measure second order and third order harmonic distortions. What is a dumb way to adjust in absence of such measurement capabilities?

Thanks in advance.

I know Patrick. Your advice should be heeded as much as anyones, i was just tryin gto make the point that his best piece of equipment came as standard equipment when he was born. Being able to see it a screen will only serve to educate him as to exactly what iit is he hears and likes with his ears.

Hello, In the version original of the F5 turbo, where we increase simply tension, which incidences if my resistance R19 and R20 has for values 22K instead of 10k as on the plan and R17 and R18 150 instead of 100 ohms and finally R13 and R14 47 ohms instead of 100 ohms and finally R1 and r2 1K and 100k instead of 4.75k and 47.5K on the original plan Thank you for your help(assistant)

Hi All,

I am a newbie here. Just started to follow the F5 thread and I think you guys are just
fantastic, so willing to share and help.

I have a question on the choice of F5 Turbo versions to build, since I am not sure which
version would be the best fit for my requirements.

I have the following setup:

1. Passive Pre-amp + Tube Buffer
2. Speakers with 88dB/m sensitivity into 8ohm load (dips down to 2.7 ohm in some lower frequency
range)
3. Room size of 18 x 25 feet
4. Type of music: Jazz vocal & Large orchestral music

The question:

Would F5T v1 + my passive pre+tube buffer be able to drive my speakers to sufficient
loudness level? If not, which version would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any kind advice.

Difficoult to say each room, speakers, taste and listening level are very personall.

If you listen to uncompressed dinamics you need loads of spare head room (20dB for Classicall is a given)

First of all find out how much voltagge go to your speakers at the moment

F5 clips at about 2 volts from suply raill

here link that will shurely help
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...much-voltage-power-do-your-speakers-need.html

Happy to give sometink back.

So did you run the simple test?
and what did you get?

One thing I have missed on the previous post
F5 gain is quite low so source with hi output is needed or a bit more gain than usual from the pre
No big deal if your volume sit at 12 O clock with the current set up but....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.