Yet another Aleph 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally listening to my Aleph 4s (mono-blocks) Here is the pic.

Sound ??? Just marvelous , mission impossible , bass strong and powerful and yet mids and tweeter like a crystals from min to max power. I guess it will take a little time until it shows a full capabilities.

Trigon;)

Attachments

• p9210797.jpg
    p9210797.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4,281
what material is the front plate of your aleph4, it looks so clean.

John-China

Front panels are Aluminum. Heatsinks are R-Theta 11" by 11" Each block runs about 260W idle.

Wow! what truly clean and beautiful innards. I'd like to see more angles of how you've stacked those beautiful black caps over the tranny

Brian

I have used black acrylic which as well serve as dumping bridge since my trannies are each 1.5kW Plitron 2 x 40v with insulated primaries and secondaries and plus with electrostatic grounding.
Take and look at the pic.

Attachments

• p9130788.jpg
    p9130788.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3,531
dang! simply beautiful... great work.

...but aren't monoblock Aleph 4's just Aleph 2's?? :)
or are mono 4's actually a little more powerful than 2's?
I see the rail volages are at 48V...

anyways, i love the spikes and the plex... i can see the hours
of work sitting there, now you can enjoy the hours of music!

moe29

kilowattski said:
On a scale of 1 to 10 I give a zillion. One of the best DIY Alephs I have seen!

This is probably one of the few Alephs with possibly the best parts you can get, I mean silver wire, IXYS bridges, Mills resistors, Nichicon Great Supply caps, 1500 VA Plitron with all possible features and so on. No expense was spared;) I had a chance to see them yesterday and those are indeed very nicely made amps.

If there was ever a reference Aleph, this might be the one. I hope I will be able to borrow them one day to see how they compare to what I'm using.:goodbad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.