My 5 watt Son of Zen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the supply side I used two toroidal transformers of 400 watts, each with two windings of 18 volts. So I won two individual power supply, one for each channel. On the filter I used 8pcs of 33000 uf capacitors rated at 25 volts.

As heatsink for the power resistors I used 4 pieces of cable modem lancity brand, cool pretty well and looks good :).

The sound quality is briliant!

The only 5 watts get enough power for a 5mx4m room with a pair of speakers with high sensitivity. I listen on Focal 807V speakers with sensitivity of 92 dB.

Pictures with my Son of Zen

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

for more visit my web site Welcome - APCC - Do it yourself

Last edited:
Pictures from inside

I took these pictures yesterday.
capacitors (33000uf/25v)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

power line filter

2x400va

irfp240

soft start module

Top view

I added more new pictures to the photo gallery on my website: http://www.apcc.tk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.