suitable transformer for stereo aleph 5?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Cowanrg,

I got these for my Aleph5 from Victoria Magnetics in Georgia.
http://www.victoriamagnetics.com/
You can get a good deal if he has them in stock but he'll do specials as well.

Attachments

• aleph5_trans_01.jpg
    aleph5_trans_01.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 667
Plitron has excellent transformers at 500VA (suitable if well ventillated), 625VA, 750VA, etc. Very beefy compared to other toroids. Cost is reasonable--actually very reasonable considering the build quality. The only possible hangup is that you may need to wait a few weeks; they seem to wind them according to orders on hand.
www.plitron.com

Grey

ive checked into plitron, and im using those for my big aleph2's, but they are too pricey for a small scale project... they are definately nice, but budget does not come to mind when thinking of plitron.

GRollins said:
Plitron has excellent transformers at 500VA (suitable if well ventillated), 625VA, 750VA, etc. Very beefy compared to other toroids. Cost is reasonable--actually very reasonable considering the build quality. The only possible hangup is that you may need to wait a few weeks; they seem to wind them according to orders on hand.
www.plitron.com

Grey

Aleph 5 transformer

I got the transformer for my Aleph 5 from Plitron, a 750VA/25VX2. The good things about it are:

1. They are epoxy sealed in the middle, which will prevent vibration. Others don't have this.

2. Their 750VA/25Vx2 can throw in magnetic shielding for free (if they made the same before, they can offer it free!)

3. Well manufactured.

If you order, may sure to order the metal disk, because it is extra and the sales don't always tell you that! Also , one thing I don't like is that they charge your credit card the day you order, not the day they ship it, which is about 10 days earlier!

I bought one small one for the BZLS project and the quality of Avel compare to my other one made by Plitron is no comparison!

I am happy w/ my Plitron trans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.