pass labs x2-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pic

Pic of the PCB form Miguel.

Audiofanatic :)

Attachments

• SAM_0004-2.jpg
    SAM_0004-2.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 274
Hi Audiofanatic, if I'm not wrong those resistors (3k3) connect to Drain IRF610 and it's serve as the loads for the IRF610. If mosfet's damage it's possible make resistor's overload and burn it. Just replace with new resistor, if it's burn again...replace those Fet's. It's cheap enough... What a Miguel doing this before?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have a picture from Miguel that shows a shorted Zener, that makes it difficult to say if its ver0 or ver1.

one possibility could be,..... someone repaired ver1 with the circuit of ver0....

and caused some problems....

only a possibility

unfortunately I can for unknown reasons not upload the picture...

:)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
hi audiofanatic,

would you tell Miguel in Spanish to look for the Revision number on the board? compared to the service manual it should be ver1 and not ver0....

one resistor right and 12 Zener (one shorted)

Attachments

• X2rev1.jpg
    X2rev1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 200
If I remember correctly the amp still works but has a constant hiss/noise in the one or both channels.
Miguel didn't reply on my last e-mail to him regarding this question.
I offered him a complete repair for free just to because I want this amp to remain original and because he also lives in Europe.

It's up to him now!

Miguel if you want to keep it in Spain, make sure it's fixed by a technician with great appreciation for high-end equipment :cool:

Mail me if you need my help.

Regards,

José

Audiofanatic ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.