Question: Gain and Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know what really happen when we set the gain of a gain device. Logically, more gain more distortion. But it is hard to tell to the ears as the effect is to the operation of many other components. In many circuits and IC amplifiers or op-amps, lower gain tends to bring more enjoyment, correct?

In case of ALEPH circuit, what do you know about setting up the voltage of the Drain of the input IRF9610? What is the difference in sonic performance if we set the voltage to 4V or 5V? Of course assumming that the output stage operation is not changed, or, changed to allow for the change in the output stage (i.e. same Vgs for both MOSFETs in positive rail and negative rail). This is also to assumme that either 4V or 5V on the Gate of the power MOSFET will equivalently turn on the MOSFET.

I "notice" that 5V will give more linearity??? (by ears), but I'm still setting it up for 4.2V or less.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.