Threshold 800A amplifier versions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I noticed that some of the Threshold 800A amplifiers have two power-supply fuse holders on the back panel while others have four. Does anyone know if this is indicative of two different versions of the 800A? If so, which version was the later or newer, or better? The different fuse count obviously does not include the two fuses at the output stage.

Perhaps Nelson himself could shime in with some insight into the differences between the two different versions of the back panel and how they transilate to any differences in the internal circuits if any.

Thanks,
Carlos

Images/pictures of the different back panels

Nelson, Mr. Pass;
Thank you very much for your time and reply. Enclosed are pictures of both versions that I was referencing:

Four fuse holders in vertical alignment

245285d1318971663-papas-pubs-800a-1st-run-b.jpg

Two fuse holders for the power-supply

h.jpg

Let me know if you have any further thoughts on the subject.

Again, thanks for your time and reply.
Carlos

Any further thoughts?

Nelson, Mr. Pass;
Did the pictures jar the memories? Any further thoughts on the subject?

My 800A's back panel is layout like the second picture so I was surprised to see a numer of pictures online that show a column of four (4) power-supply fuse holders as inthe first picture and this has made me think if there were different versions and which was the later, obtimised version if any. Let us know if the pictures helped bring any further thoughts on this matter.
Thanks,
Carlos

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Not really. The later chassis one deleted fuses that I didn't want.
In the units with 4 fuses I recall that we stuffed a much higher current
fuse in two of them. There is no reason for concern.

BTW, the guy with the gray curly hair was Rene Besne, the other half of
Threshold.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.