BOSOZ Volume Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
--- I have a plan to build SOZ and BOSOZ. For BOSOZ, I prefer to use relay volume control similar to Aleph Pre. But output resistance value of relay volume control of Aleph goes under 300[Ohm] in middle position. In BOSOZ, 5[kOhm] volume is recommended. Is there any problem to use low resistance volume in output of BOSOZ?

--- I think that SOZ can be driven by BOSOZ or Aleph Pre. Which combination will be better between (SOZ+BOSOZ) and (SOZ+ALEPH-PRE)?

--- PassDiy announce that there will be new power amplifier design soon. Do I need to wait new design, or build SOZ at this time? Does anyone have information of new power amp which will appear on PassDiy site?

Thank you!!!

Thank you, and one more question.

Thank you, Mr. Pass!

I have one more question.

I have two transformer. One has 45V secondary, and another has 60V secondary. I hope to use these transformers for BOSOZ.
If I use these transformers, there will be voltage unbalance between positive rail and negative rail. Is it possible to drive BOSOZ with unbalanced power supply? (+60V, -45V)
Or, is there any way to solve this problem?

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm struck by the notion that the secondary voltages
of the transformer will result in more like +80 volts
and - 60 volts, but that is not a problem if you are
willing to adjust the resistor values a bit, or, as Grey
suggests, substitute constant current sources for
the resistors to the negative rail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.