L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

I built Martin Kings OB and was planing on biamping it using this amp from 500hz up. So the subject of a crossover comes up. This being a current source amp I could use the circuite Nelson has in his Current Source Crossover Filters article after recalculating the inductor and cap values.
FIG 5A But in my case I won't be using the woffer output can I simplify
the woffer part of the crossover.

http://https://www.passdiy.com/project/articles/current-source-crossover-filters

The SIT parafeed is performing great! I assume the better quality
parafeed capacitor contributes to the whole quality a lot!
In summary I would say it is a good mix of a classic SET ala 45 and very good SS...
For me there is no other way to go now...
I encourage you guys to try it...It cost a little more but its worth the effort...:D

I'm intrigued by this cute little amp and so thought it would be fun to build among others... since the efficiency and simplicity would be nice from an inductor I'm leaning towards an 193V.

I'm thinking about the supposed ringing sound however. Would the ringing be less with one of the larger 195T5? ( 100mH, 5A, 0.64 ohm ) Or is ringing something to expect from big iron core inductors?

Or maybe an even better option: If I'm not deluding myself the total dissipation of the choke would be ~ 4W @ 24V rail voltage. Since it doesn't get that hot would it be a problem to build say a silencing box out of wood around it?

And another thing, about the inductances on the inductor vs performance: is it that more inductance is always better or that you need more to have a full range response? Say I'm also designing a tweetamp and on that one only need from 2 khz and upwards, could this one have a much smaller inductor without drawbacks or is a big one still better here?

Last edited:
Another question: if I've understood correctly the output impedance of this little amp is the impedance of the SIT in parallel with the impedance of the CCS, or inductor in my future amp.

Is there some way to rearrange the circuit such that we get a higher output impedance while still keeping it simple and without feedback?

I was just looking around to find a better solution for the source resitor which is a 50W russian rehostat, wirewoond...It is getting really hot, the desipation is 10W...
So I was wondering if I someone has experience whit carbon film like kiwame for high current operation -0,6-1A??? I know the carbon composite are very noisy whit current and have temperature dependent resistance drift...But maybe if I put 10 in parallel...???
So anyone???
There is also mills wirewoond, how they perform???

I was just looking around to find a better solution for the source resitor which is a 50W russian rehostat, wirewoond...It is getting really hot, the desipation is 10W...
So I was wondering if I someone has experience whit carbon film like kiwame for high current operation -0,6-1A??? I know the carbon composite are very noisy whit current and have temperature dependent resistance drift...But maybe if I put 10 in parallel...???
So anyone???
There is also mills wirewoond, how they perform???

It was a bad idea!!!

I have decided to use caddcock MP930 or MP9100 for the source resistor...
Has anyone use them in similar conditions???

Thanks.

I will share my project whit everyone, but first I need to tweak and see that its working as it should...

I will also perform a full diagnostics, I need to go to a friend who has the instruments for that...