L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

I thought I was the only one who could not decide to which version of my amps sound better......nice to have a French compagnion!

:D:D:D

in fact with a SS preamp i prefer bypassed source resistor version and with a tube preamp with output coupling cap i can go with battery on source which i prefer to LM317 bias module.. but anyway this sit is a keeper .
potting the 193V is a cheap but fine upgrade :)

They both should have similar Drain quesant Voltage. The difference is in the Bulb and CCS versions, the supply gives up half it's voltage across these componants to allow full signal swing pos and neg. In the Inductor version, there is almost no Voltage across the inductor in a quiesant state. The varying current and inductive reactance of the inductor creates half the signal Voltage swing.

Well finally finished mine
From
CIMG1124_zps6e9502dd.jpg

CIMG1123_zps1915e34b.jpg

To
CIMG1209_zps1fe841ad.jpg

CIMG1218_zps75debbbc.jpg

OK at the moment I have Oris 250 horns with AER MD3's, Bert's REF2010 cabs with BD15 bass drivers and a Trinnov ST2 room optimiser/DAC/active xover - Mac Mini - Weiss INT202.
Current amps are the Fi X3 300B,Welborne Labs DRD 300B's with KR Audio 300B's and Welborne Labs DRD 45's with the mystical VAIC 45's .
The SIT is closer in sound to the "45" amp,sweet fresh and non fatiguing.
The Fi is now sold and both Welborne amps are for sale inc the boutique valves ,hope that is a good enough indication on how good these amps can sound :)
Thanks to Mike for all his help and Pete ISC :cheers:

To bravi - basic build with a CLC and some "foo" parts as we say in the UK

Last edited:
You have a nice sistem there...
Thank you for the qucik impression...
So it sound really goood...):)

OK at the moment I have Oris 250 horns with AER MD3's, Bert's REF2010 cabs with BD15 bass drivers and a Trinnov ST2 room optimiser/DAC/active xover - Mac Mini - Weiss INT202.
Current amps are the Fi X3 300B,Welborne Labs DRD 300B's with KR Audio 300B's and Welborne Labs DRD 45's with the mystical VAIC 45's .
The SIT is closer in sound to the "45" amp,sweet fresh and non fatiguing.
The Fi is now sold and both Welborne amps are for sale inc the boutique valves ,hope that is a good enough indication on how good these amps can sound :)
Thanks to Mike for all his help and Pete ISC :cheers:

To bravi - basic build with a CLC and some "foo" parts as we say in the UK