L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

My experience is that there are some nice curves to look at.

Zen Mod gave you a link to the curves you're looking for, and I gave you a reference to an article that explains how to design a transformer-coupled SIT amp. Additionally, you may wish to read through one of the classic tube references, such as The Radiotron Designer's Handbook. Everything you need to is there.

Short of designing one, building it, writing a step-by-step article, and posting a schematic, I'm not sure what more we can do.

Thank you Michael. For the info...
I already read all the info to me available, so I just wanted to know if you guys also thought about it. I see you did...

yes i have tried few ones, but at the end return to michael original value.:)
but nothing spectacular here , more change in "wine taste" with RES or inductor loading choice and second with input and output caps ..

I also like inductor loading, so I would definitly go
in this direction but try to keep an open mind for other possibilities.
Have you tried some different inductor then hammond?

no because i have built a stereo amp so i don't have the place for big air coils . but if you find another 150H 2.5amp elsewhere don't forget to tell us:)

with lundhal youhave the LL2733 .

By the way I have already talked to EDIS who is from Poland I think,
he can make a 300mH 3A plate choke...So this will be another option...)
Hammond is good stuff but I never used it as plate choke.

sounds nice :santa3:, do you have more information on his choke ( size , material, price ? availability ?)

EDIS told me that:
-core material will be EI96/59
-weight 3.2kg aprox.
-price 44 EUR /pcs
-Lead time 2-3 weeks.

So looks not bad..)

I wanted to order it but then I realized that I dont know in
which direction I should go, high current or high voltage, so I need to decide...)

Coming back to the CCS version of Michael Rothacher's SONY SIT. Just for fun...:)

The transistors are mounted onto an aluminium L-profile 40 x 40 x 160mm, 5mm thick.

Attachments

• SIT SONY MR2.jpg
    SIT SONY MR2.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 752