L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Thank you Michael! Excellent data. :)

I did a quick and dirty graph of your sweet spot data with trend lines. Sorry about the labeling. The first digit is the number of bulbs. Also note the scale of the Vds is way different between the two charts. Fun to look at this way.

Best regards,
PSz.

Attachments

• sweet spot and curves.JPG
    sweet spot and curves.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 817
http://amattsso.1g.fi/kuvat/Audio/DSC_1170.jpg

Too bad you can only order in quantities of 8-12pcs from Itead (seems I got a few extra too). Well guess I have a few spare boards if the first ones are dud :D.

Check out PCB Order | DorkbotPDX, he batch orders really nice boards at I think $5. square inch for three, two layers and $10. for four layers. I.e. if you have a ten square inch board, $50. gets you three boards. Good for small orders, beautiful quality. Very dark purple mask and gold plating on all the ones I've gotten.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Mike,

Read your SIT-1 article. Awesome!
Does the 2k82 SIT L'Amp come close to the L'Amp SIT-1?

Your sound description reminds me of a story I heard last Friday night.
A friend had the opportunity to hear the Audio Note Ongaku amp many years ago.
His description is exactly like yours. He never heard anything like it before or since.
So elusive. Congratulation!

Vince

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If you set aside (i.e. adjust for) the differences in voltage gain and drain resistance, they're quite similar. However, to get there, you have to make the effort to dial-in the 2SK82 amp and have reasonably benign, efficient speakers.

It's interesting that you mention the Ongaku. I've used that analogy privately. I think they're spritual cousins. It would be fun to build up a really meticulously-built version of the SIT amp. But, alas, my workbench beckons.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I bought the Essex Inductors Mike is using.
The first thing my wife said was "People are stealing copper amounts like that".
Indeed. But I have a ferocious Pug and Chihuahua to ward the thieves off.
I am also worried about ripping my testicles moving this stuff around. I like TonyWong's idea. Maybe I will build mine into a wheelchair.