L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Hi
Generg, I just thought about the 9v battery trick that you had mentioned. If it's worth sonically, one could "implant" a rechargeable ni-mh battery, altogether with the relay. When the amp is turned off, battery is being trickle charged. As the amp gets the main power, relay switches the battery into operation...

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@vix thank you for your hint, the battery is only a momentary solution as long as I try the different configurations and trying this is more important for my greediness than building a proper AC DC solution Mike showed........
I will give it a try later.:)

@juanitox Je suis désolée, pour le moment ce n'est pas possible, as you know I have only one case and I put in two SIT circuits for left and right channel.......and over all the modifications I remarked after some time that I lost all feeling what sounds better....and I had no more possibility to compare because I had taken out the remaining channel of my crippled F4.
I bit exhausted I took out all SIT parts and put in the case again crippled F4 to have a stable basis and to enjoy only music....

I ordered a new big heatsink to have a separate test engine, unfortunately Schuro does not deliver since 4 weeks.......

So I can hear music again with the old F4 and in future I will build the new circuits parallel to my existing unit and replace it only when the experimental time is over and decision was done..... It is better for my nerves .......:D
So I am at the moment no help any more.......:rolleyes:

hours away! some of our staff went on holiday!1!1! ;)

Did you mean that literally or figuratively? ;) (the hours away part at least)
From Wikipedia: Literal language refers to words that do not deviate from their defined meaning. Figurative language refers to words, and groups of words, that exaggerate or alter the usual meanings of the component words.
Pls, don't get ruffled feathers or anything, just keeping you on your toes...

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well literally anything is hours away, just a lot of hours, so a literal read doesn't work. The implication, which isn't literal, is that since one is counting with hours instead of days, it is probably less than a day. However the reason we haven't released the newsletter is because there is something that's taking a bit longer, not because we like to torture people.. So yes its hours away. If I said "days away" you'd assume its gonna be a week at least and it isn't.