L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Hi Roscoe!

I found Caddock: Power resistor 20 Ω 100 W here at my delivery!

Two of the in paralell gives 10 ohm and then you take 2 pc 2ohm/50 watt to give you 300 watt with 14 ohm.
Or something like this which will keep cost somewhat lower - and the heat acceptable???:spin:

Best

Olav

not a good idea you will have 35 watt dissipation on a 50 watt resistor , too short , try to find minimum of 100W or use 4 20 ohm , remember i use 1 800W 10 ohm resistor and my heatsink is still very hot with 75W off dissipation on it:spin:

not a good idea you will have 35 watt dissipation on a 50 watt resistor , too short , try to find minimum of 100W or use 4 20 ohm , remember i use 1 800W 10 ohm resistor and my heatsink is still very hot with 75W off dissipation on it:spin:

Hi Juanitox!

Yea - I know very well - but with 2 in parallell = 2x 100= 200 watt plus 2 50 watt (or make it 100 watt) = 200 + 100(or 200)= 300watt (or400watt).

So you get really close with this - I believe.

Have to run - my helicopters to shore will leave soon

Olav

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Juanitox!

Yea - I know very well - but with 2 in parallell = 2x 100= 200 watt plus 2 50 watt (or make it 100 watt) = 200 + 100(or 200)= 300watt (or400watt).

So you get really close with this - I believe.

Have to run - my helicopters to shore will leave soon

Olav

I have a case for the F5 or F4 with adequate heatsinks and these are sufficient for the SK and the resistors.

Olaf I think your values are o.k. regarding the heat, I have the same wattage combined, only difference, I used four 10 Ohm/50W to make the ten Ohm as a starting point for the resistor chain.... so the heat is still a bit more diversified...
but I do not think this is necessary....

Juanitox is your machine ready and sounds.....?:spin:

How hot your heat sink gets is a function of the amount of power it's dissipating, not the power rating of the resistor..

Roscoe

:spin: SIT amp V.3 ready to tun it on .... ZAbooooom :rain: i explode my amp again , a little smoke go out , i stop and mesure the B+ i have 50 V , look at my bias module 25V after the diodes ..and nothing on both lm337 ..

they fried , i think i must lowered the 20V AC with a res to use them . any idea
on the current of the bias ?

so i rewire my sit with the gate on earth and 1ohm resistor on the source . turn on ...:spin: sounds here again and what a sound!! no more hum or buzz with the R-CORE transfo and CLC filtering . i'v got 16V and 2.3 amp not so bad . pure pleasure . i will listen like this this week end before returning to negative bias:)

french sit V.3
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Merveilleux Monsieur!:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Congratulations to version 3! and welcome in the club to make faults from time to time...:p

With negative bias you can try a 9V block and let him connected........so you cannot forget to connect him. :eek:
He will live with the correct voltage at least 5-7 days. Mine went in this time from 9.6 to 8.6V......:bulb:

what kind of speakers are you driving?