L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Joined 2000
Paid Member
L'amp CCS- Power Supply Resistor

Hi Everyone,

Why is there only a single 1 ohm power resistor used in the power supply and not four .47 ohm power resistors used like in other amps? I used this single 1 ohm resistor in the Zen 9 (as a short-cut) and the supply voltage dropped by 4-5 volts. Is a voltage drop required?

Thanks,

Vince

hi all , do you want to know who is the dumber of the week? it's me :D
i have said that putting a 33ohm resistor in parallel with the speaker output had brings more 3D sound and better mids .. i was totally wrong , the better sound is here but my resistor is 12K 2W tantlum :p so it is so high that it cannot make any difference in output impedance ..

any idea about what a so high value parrallel resistor could make ? :confused:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
hi all , do you want to know who is the dumber of the week? it's me :D
i have said that putting a 33ohm resistor in parallel with the speaker output had brings more 3D sound and better mids .. i was totally wrong , the better sound is here but my resistor is 12K 2W tantlum :p so it is so high that it cannot make any difference in output impedance ..

any idea about what a so high value parrallel resistor could make ? :confused:

That could be me.....:)

that´s why Zen Mod says I have golden ears....:D

after every change I hear an improvement.....:D:D:D

and how does it sound when you parallel a real 33R?

I will try to hold the 33k between my left thumb and the left digital finger and look if I hear any difference....:D:D

thanks for your open words......it is a relief....

Joined 2009
Paid Member
sound clean but flatter like too much negative feedbach on a tube amp , perhaps it"s only with my speaker and my thin monobraid speaker cable..

.. generg tell me if you find the same , if not i will join zenmod in his Deaf audiophool beach club :D

O.k. I will help you Not to get a member of ZMs club.:D

Indeed after some time of hearing I think a value that is better for my system may be a bit higher 68R is my favorite candidate at the moment.
At any case it is possible to shape the sound of the 1H93V in this way a bit in a direction you like.

I am afraid we are all a bit ZM like, in the love of high efficiency speakers,

A clear sign of beginning deafness!:D

ok enough letting go now :shhh:

i ve got a question for the elite of the elite of this thread:

what part of the underneath the 2sk82 actually transfer heat? is the round part most effective or the whole surface conducts heat equally?

because i dont have an appropriate pad with me, i m kind of making one that is easier to make if it doesnt cover the whole surface...

Last edited: