L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
43 lbs. of copper per channel. Wow! You'll need wheels on those amps.

I can't imagine a 1H spool.

For the truly, obsessive: you can squeeze a bit more inductance out of them by rewinding them onto a different geometry, i.e. larger diameter, flatter shape.

But honestly, I think we're obsessive enough already. :)

:birthday: Happy Birthday, Bob Moog.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
May I remind all those that build the SIT variant with the Hammond 193 that the amp has now a still higher output impedance and is still a current amp....
so if you found the sound to be to heavy on bass it is good to start paralleling 100 Ohm and going down to maybe 30 Ohm.
So you can manage the sound to be more around the medium area and the sound is now more close to the resistor solution again and may even be more triodish ...:)

in the case you use a crossover you have to look for the type serial or parallel and look for the cross points change possible.....:crazy:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
happy you tried it juanitox! :DI use two 15R Dale 5W in series and thought that´s near optimum.
....of course this all depends on speakers.:rolleyes:

and it was of course discussed completely in the other threads of F1, F2 and so on ....
I remembered the words of Chris describing the sound of thick films a bit thin and the sound of V193 a bit to earthy and I thought it is easier to change the V193 sound to thinner than the thick film sound to thicker.......

Again... how does Master Nelson avoid the thinness? at least the Vishay 100W he uses are on a aluminum substrate basis and the thick film 50W I use are on a ....... (?) basis.
So the sound of the 100W may be different from the 50W resistors.
Besides all the differences in the semiconductors and his knowledge around all other components....

bulbs from the UK are coming in 3 weeks and from friend Dan from Canada in about 6 or 7 weeks.....
So I will finally hear The Sound Mike intended to hear us all in the beginning of the thread.......

the bulbs seem to have the right portion of resistance and induction...... (?:whacko:!)

happy you tried it juanitox! :DI use two 15R Dale 5W in series and thought that´s near optimum.
....of course this all depends on speakers.:rolleyes:

and it was of course discussed completely in the other threads of F1, F2 and so on ....
I remembered the words of Chris describing the sound of thick films a bit thin and the sound of V193 a bit to earthy and I thought it is easier to change the V193 sound to thinner than the thick film sound to thicker.......

Again... how does Master Nelson avoid the thinness? at least the Vishay 100W he uses are on a aluminum substrate basis and the thick film 50W I use are on a ....... (?) basis.
So the sound of the 100W may be different from the 50W resistors.
Besides all the differences in the semiconductors and his knowledge around all other components....

bulbs from the UK are coming in 3 weeks and from friend Dan from Canada in about 6 or 7 weeks.....
So I will finally hear The Sound Mike intended to hear us all in the beginning of the thread.......

the bulbs seem to have the right portion of resistance and induction...... (?:whacko:!)

master Pass use 40ohm load res , SITamp V1 is 13ohm perhaps some differences here .. the 30ohm on the V193 makes the medium a little more upfront but more important make a bigger 3D image :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
and yes he may use 40 Ohm because he wants 10W output and therefore he uses also a 100V supply, all very similar to this De-Lite solution.....:)
and if you calculate 25V at the drain and 75V for the bulb at 2,2A you have about 35R and that is near to your 40R.
And if you take only 2A you have even 37R5.
:)
And of course I will hear the De-Lite solutions parallel to the SIT just for fun..... and I will even hear an IRF240....!

I am happy that I have so much time and DIYAUDIO PASS FORUM.......:):):)

Attachments

• De-Lite.jpg
    De-Lite.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 624
Last edited: