L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Just a few minutes ago as I was drinking my morning Caffe macchiato, and eating a few blocks of chocolate, I came to think of the distortion spectrum...
Chocolate, being sweet, would be the second one...
Macchiato, being bitter (without sugar) would be the third...
I discovered that I like it most when I mix the certain quantity of chocolate with a certain quantity of macchiato...
Call it the right amount of Zen... :cool:

p.s. I did the mixture without pot :D

How is it ringing(sounding)????

hammond inductors ordered, i will make it ring soon :D

Hey Juanitox!!

The sound of this solution with the choke - is it a secret - or do you soon reveal your experience? When I get home from my offshore-schedule I will order more of the parts - so before i start ordering either a big 42 volt toroid or a smaller 18 volt and the associated gear - my mind is in waitmode! Have got the boxes, the SK82, the in and output caps, the heatsink. So before ordering the rest - how is the sound with the 193 vs. bulbs/resistors?

Enjoying my newbuilt PassB1buffer with ClassD SDS254, which is very good - but misses that extra touch that maybe the LÀmp(L`Choke) can give!

Best to all.

Olav

Joined 2009
Paid Member
NICOne,:D

You can find all comments about the sound from me and how to adjust the circuit from Zen Mod in the thread......

I do not completely understand what lets you hesitate to build this circuit or another suggested by Mike with your good parts.....:)

Last edited:
NICOne,:D

You can find all comments about the sound from meand how to adjust the circuit from Zen Mod in the thread......

I do not completely understand what lets you hesitate to build this circuit or another suggested by mike with your good parts.....:)

Gerd,

I am cautious when outside my comfort zone.

I've never played with SITs before. If I were building another version of a well known design, I wouldn't hesitate. When building something completely new, I am careful...I only have DVM and a soldering iron, no O-scope or distortion analyzer to help.

...You can find all comments about the sound from me and how to adjust the circuit from Zen Mod in the thread....:)

What Thread?
Do you mean this cicuit?

Attachments

• genergs Mu-follower.jpg
    genergs Mu-follower.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 765
Thanks generg.
I wonder why I havent seen anyone trying a configuration like I show below? Could use an R085 or the 6N50 on top, or bottom. As N.P. suggested make several taps off the source Rs to vary dynamic behaviour and THD content.
I also still wonder what makes a mu-follower, a mu-follower, and what makes an SRPP, an SRPP? Might I have one circuit tapping the output off the bottom and the other circuit tapping the output off the top?
:spin:

Attachments

• SRPP.JPG
    SRPP.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
In that case, I really think that you would enjoy building the light bulb version, or the self-adjusting current source version. Once you've tried those and have a pretty good understanding of how they're working you could move on to fancier things, which you may or may not enjoy more.

I was hoping those with similar items might help get to something cutting edge by keeping me within the lines.

I'm learning (as fast as I can). I have no electrical training, and before I blew out my home amp and discovered NP's F5, I'd never built a circuit in my life. Now, I feel confident to build 99% of the circuits on the forum. I've done AXOs of my own design, many variations of the F5, a J2, etc. The ONLY issue I have with the SITs is I don't want to make a mistake, and I don't have a feel for the devices, and I'm seeking advice from the well worn folks in the forum on the best path forward. I hope this is what the forums are meant for.

Last edited: