L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

;)

Attachments

• sony.JPG
    sony.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 741
thiagomogi: Simple: reverse the polarity of the entire circuit and use the 2SJ28 in place of 2SK82.
I did an amplifier with 2SK82 (using an current source instead of the inductor) and I can say with confidence that is one of the best amplifiers I made for listening at low to moderate volumes! And I am an tube fan... So bring an 2SJ28 amp!

Wow, beautiful work! Parabéns! (Congratulations)
I would change just one thing: I would put the SIT in the middle of aluminum bracket in order to better distribute the heat. The heatsink seems to be Ok in size, because only the SIT dissipes on them (he uses inductor and not current source). If you like to listen at low/moderate volumes, the SIT SE should sound better, but they are my ears; you should decide on.
Another thing, if you have left the 2SJ28 you can also sell it, as surely there will be a DIY eager to know the SIT's (not me, I already know them).

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks guys .
temperature is ok , even in Brazil.
Amp is perfect, very sweet, tight bass and great tonal control !!!!
I want something a little different with 2sj28

best regards

Very nice work. Great wiring. Wish I could do that.

I recently went back to the 6 watt SIT with CCS. So hard to beat. Too good.
Also have the L'amp with 193v choke. ;)

Nice work!

Vince

Heatsink size...

For minimum heatsink size reference, an picture from my 2SK82 stereo testing: the current source are attached in an CPU heatsink, and the two SITs are bolted to a "car amp module" lying in my lounge ground. It's size is insuficient, contrasting thiagomogi work (and my work are also far more messy:eek:...). My building here is an "in an hurry"... This heatsink size will work for only one SIT (mono). Bigger is better, for less chip/die temperature and long life.

Also attached an FFT analysis near 8R/1W, showing spectral results (excuse the bad line interference; I measured this amp before using CLC in the supply and better place things).

This amp is with an friend now, in different heatsink.
Since I are an "tube man" and trafo designer, I use valve amplifiers, but this SIT SE is very very good and special, better than some tube amps I made.

Attachments

• SIT a 1W.jpg
    SIT a 1W.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 408
  • 2015-02-22 13.58.43.jpg
    2015-02-22 13.58.43.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 404
a question.
Output capacitor is reversed with 2SJ28 - KF ?
+ Speaker is still GND ?
A little suggestion (for all SE amp users) : if yoy have at hand one xover inductor near 2mH or higher, with low wire rdc (less than 1R), you can use in place of R1 (from your schematic). Or if you have some spare money...
R1 use is good and cheaper (far better than using none), but when I put an 2mH inductor from an failed xover project in place of it, my circuit become far more silent, especially at high freq. The supply line become far less poluted from HF harshness from rectifiers. Beacuse of new silent operation, the sound becomes more detailed and relaxing.
Even with so low inductance, the results are good, hence the suggestion.