L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp - Page 105 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2012, 11:35 PM   #1041
KASUMI is offline KASUMI  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

miles behind you lot just finished the bias cct version in a semi prototype form with a few pm's with Mike...many thanks
SIT's are driving AER MD3's in Oris 250 horns and the Parasound driving BD Design BD15 bass drivers in REF2010 cabs with an Oris 150 horn on the front.
Active crossover by a Trinnov ST2
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by KASUMI; 4th May 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 5th May 2012, 08:16 AM   #1042
diyAudio Member

nice system Kasumi , if you have negative bias on gate take care to fine tune the setting , with my own horn speaker 1.9amp don't sounds the same then 2amp bias
Old 5th May 2012, 01:38 PM   #1043
diyAudio Member

Great job! I like the construction technique (can I coax you to post a link to your construction diary )

Let us know what you think of the sound after you've had a chance to fine-tune.
Old 5th May 2012, 02:10 PM   #1044
diyAudio Member

Default Complex Elegance

Hi all,

My 2SK82 are on the way, several sets, I like to have spares! I think we may be losing sight of the end goal that is maximum musical and hence emotional pleasure from these let's face it, very leading edge or ultra-fi devices and circuits. While My senses tells me that simpler amplifier circuits perform better I think we should not be afraid of more complex surrounding circuitry ie current sources, on the other hand if a simple inductor performs better in the pursuit of our musical goal, and this may well be at the end of the day the best solution then so be it. A lot of what we humans can perceive cannot be measured for now at least so we have to trust our senses.

For my own part I'd prefer an even simpler amplifier circuit ie no input and output capacitors, I'm thinking here of F1, SOZ or Circlotron type circuits with whatever surrounding circuitry is best to maximise our pleasure, balanced circuits potentially offer much more transparency to the input signal when employing these devices.

I don't have much time to spare as my wife is disabled so I'm unable to post very much or even read as many posts as I'd like, but right now in the entire world of hi-fi what other devices or amplifiers offer as much? To my mind this is the most interesting thread, topic, amplifier, device there is, anywhere at any price, full stop! (PASS SIT-1 excluded of course, I'd love to own Papas SIT amps! Sadly I lack the funds)

I'd like to thank Mike for his pioneering work here, clearly this man has not lost sight of our goal.

No input on this thread either theoretical or from direct experience is wasted, it creates new ways of thinking about the various challenges and hence possible solutions, I applaud you all! I don't know when I'll have my own SIT amp built but recent life experiences have taught me to be patient (ish)

Regards RC
Old 5th May 2012, 04:03 PM   #1045
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitox View Post
nice system Kasumi , if you have negative bias on gate take care to fine tune the setting , with my own horn speaker 1.9amp don't sounds the same then 2amp bias
Thanks Just monitoring Vds with a digital meter on the front,presume you're referring to Id with 1.9A and 2A,what would this equate to for Vds ?

thanks Mike
here is the build on Wigwam

SIT amp project

Last edited by KASUMI; 5th May 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 6th May 2012, 01:41 AM   #1046
diyAudio Member

@calvert73

I'm glad you're enjoying the topic. Of course, I owe it all to NP.

When you are ready to build your particular SIT amp, the guys in this thread leave no man behind, so go for it.

Last edited by Michael Rothacher; 6th May 2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 6th May 2012, 08:07 AM   #1047
diyAudio Member

yes michael and friends will tell what to do to make it sing and i can tell you the wrong way. lesson of yesterday , don"t use capacitive speaker cable ( GOERTZ MI-2) or it will oscillate , so the SIT is not a SET
Old 6th May 2012, 03:19 PM   #1048
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitox View Post
I got a couple of these off FleaBay for my SIT Monoblocks.

Click the image to open in full size.

Regards,
Dan
Old 8th May 2012, 11:29 PM   #1049
diyAudio Member

Hi Dan have you got a link ?

I have just ordered some exotic caps to try,daft decision,before I solder them in ????
10uF Jupiter Flat Stacks and some 10k Nichicon KG "Super Through" electrolytics
Currently using 2w Kiwame resistors in the build.
Cheers
Rob

What would be best to monitor Id or Vds with a permanent meter,I currently have a Lascar emv1200 digital voltmeter monitoring Vds on both monos

Last edited by KASUMI; 8th May 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:36 PM   #1050
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASUMI View Post
Hi Dan have you got a link ?
Rob
Of course!

High Quality Round Analog AMP Panel Meter DC 5A | eBay

I'm thinking of the Obligatto Gold Series for the 10uF and the same Nichicon for the 10,000uF.

Regards,
Dan

Hide this!Advertise here!