input sensitivity [SoZ]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How would I figure the input sensitivity of my son of zen amplifier? My rails are +-30v and R10 and R11 are whatever you want them to be [haven't decided/amp isn't built yet.] I will be operating the amplifier single ended until I build a BoSoZ [might be a while.] Also, can this figure be changed by different values of R10 and R11?

Thanks for your help!

R10 & R11 don't set the input sensitivity, they set the input impedance. If you want to cut the input sensitivity down, you can arrange a voltage divider by putting a resistor in series with the input (this is not the 221 ohm resistor to the gate; this would be a separate resistor on the other side of R10/11). The ratio of this resistor with R10/11 would set the sensitivity at a lower level.
The SOZ will operate as a single-ended amplifier, but with less gain and higher distortion (less power, also). The output of the backside of the differential won't completely match the front side. If you want high performance out of the circuit in single-ended mode, you'll need to think in terms of current sources underneath the output devices.

Grey

yes, but what is the input sensitivity of the circuit [in volts or dB take your pick]? I am aware of the downfalls of single ended operation :-( but I believe it is better to have an amp than no amp while I plan out the preamp. Also, how hard would it be to design tone controls/has it been done? I can hear the audiophiles shreaking on that one... I do not have a sub in my design currently [we'll see if I need one] and I'd like to boost the lower frequencies to compensate for lowered ear sensitivity + my own tastes. I believe I will come up with a software solution to this problem [additionally it will feature sound cancellation for background noises like people talking and it should sense and compensate for amplifier/speaker distortions of the waveform.] If my ideas work well in software I'll try to make a hardware solution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.