Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)

Simple to understand and remember

V peak is:

V peak = V peak to peak / 2

Average power is:

P av = V peak * V peak / 2*R load.

Bridging (or balancing) doubles Vpeak

No need to play with square root of two terms as at the end we square them which gives the 2*Rload term

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
see ......

all roads leads to Rome ...

in other words - everyone have an opinion ........ even me !

Attachments

• coyote-6.jpg
    coyote-6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 984
I have a general rule that works for balanced and bridged amplifiers. I think it helps avoid the confusions that develop...snip

A pair of amplifiers arranged in bridged topology deliver double the power into double the load impedance...snip

and i cant thank you enough for supplying me with that rule when i asked for clarification via PM, when i needed some help parting the smoke that surrounds the subject. it was inline with what i had thought I understood, but everyone has a different way of explaining bridging and its effect on power into various loads. there is a lot of confusion even among people who know better and the above cuts through all that.

Simple to understand and remember

V peak is:

V peak = V peak to peak / 2
yes simple in isolation, my initial confusion arose from where 72v pk to pk was coming from with 36v pk to pk usable voltage from a single bipolar supply, but a good look at the schematic at point of load helped that.... then it was redface time

Last edited:
ZM, Blues, bobodioulasso :cheers:

sqrt*2 or sqrt(2) is the shorthand in text isnt it? i was puzzled by how to do that too with ascii but remembered seeing it written this way and confirmed by natonrice

haha too late
ZM nvm about Pi, sqrt*2 is just as irrational so easy to confuse, particularly when there is probably maniacal glucose fueled children running around everywhere

Last edited: