What exactly is the Aleph patent?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am wondering exactly what is patented on the Aleph circuitry? The way the differential input is layed out is pretty standard, although we all know there can be many variations of this. The ouput section is pretty standard too. Constant current sources are nothing new either, and seem a logical choice instead of a resistor.
The circuit looks like it senses current to the load and uses this to stabilise the current source on the output. I am wondering if this is the heart of the patent. I do not think that the current source of the differential input is patented.
Just wondering. I dont even want to build it for myself if I am using a patented circuit. I like being somewhat original.

thanks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you go to PAT2PDF - Free PDF copies of patents: Download and print! and type 5710522 , then fetch , then download then read - you'll realize that patent is nothing more but nothing less than about CCS in output , but active ( read - modulated ) one .

it will raise efficiency of output stage , being still sort of SE stage ;

due to nature of modulation sense . it will sense nature of your speaker

:rofl:

I read the patent again. I can't possibly see how using your own active constant current source circuit, (and there are so many ways to make one),with your own amplifer stage design could be in violation of this patent. The thing that I believe makes it unique is that the constant current source is regulated or tracked by feedback from the output load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.