Jim's Audio F5 referenced kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I was looking on eBay and came across Jim's Audio kit which claims to be designed "with reference to F5 class A amplifier". I have noticed a few parts are different from the F5 parts list from Cviller and Tech-DIY. How does the Jim's unit compare to the original F5 design and what are the differences? Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.
I would be more than happy to support diyAudio and it's supporting vendors. Before I made this thread, I looked for Cviller's boards and Peter Daniels boards but I could not find them on their respective sites thus leading me to ask about the Jim's boards. I do not want to buy from ebay pirates but I could not find the F5 boards anywhere else.

Thanks jimbo51, I did not know diyAudio had a store. It has been a while since I visited the site, as I spend most of my time over at DIYMA. I clearly see the diyAudio store carries many boards including the F5 for only $20.

With that said, please forgive my original post. I was totally ignorant to the existence of the diyAudio store. I would much rather buy authentic boards that are approved by Papa Pass.

Thanks again diyAudio community.

speaking of DIYaudio approved kits, I try to get in contact with tech-diy about their F4 parts kits but did not get a response on 2 emails I sent them. Does anybody know if they are doing OK ?
The "add to cart" button for the F4 kits seems not to work, other buttons do.

speaking of DIYaudio approved kits, I try to get in contact with tech-diy about their F4 parts kits but did not get a response on 2 emails I sent them. Does anybody know if they are doing OK ?
The "add to cart" button for the F4 kits seems not to work, other buttons do.

Hi,
I can confirm that the F4 parts order button on the tech-diy website doesn't work whereas the button for F5 parts is o.k.

The guy who runs this store was also around here in the forum today; you could send him a PM describing your trouble.

His nick here is jackinnj.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.