B1 Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Q100 have one , same as Q101

:clown:

Attachments

• B1007.jpg
    B1007.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Have you measured the Idss of your jFETs? A successful Idss measurement shows that you know which legs/pins are Drains.

Since most jFETs are electrically symmetrical, you can swap drain and source and repeat the Idss measurement. This will confirm the gate pin. Now compare what you have determined with the actual manufacturer's datasheet. You should see agreement on pins locations.

I failed to follow this through when I first started with jFETs. I didn't blow any, but I got very confused by manufacturers adopting different pin outs.
To92 jFETs seem to come in every variety of pin out available.

BTW,
a 9V pp3/9 battery, a 1k0 resistor and a voltmeter virtually result in a guarantee to never damage your jFETs.

Last edited:
Hi Andrew. Thanks for your reply.

I have seen the datasheet for the pin outs and have assumed that it corresponds with my fets.

What the schematic doesn't show is GDS (like a PCB mask might - but the clone boards don't!)

I will check the idss as you suggest.

Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.