kinda ot... 10" x 10" x 10" aluminum block/bar, does such thing exist?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
me and a few guys are working on a 9.5" x 9.5" x 9.5" aluminum case, the case thickness is around 1/5", we want the whole thing to be machined from a single block of solid aluminum, like the mac mini cases i am selling but much bigger, the problem is we still could not found anything close to that size, do you think aluminum block/bar this big actually exist?

Apples to oranges. You're comparing raw materials cost to s finished product cost. Unless you can demonstrate that some else is selling the SAME product at a significantly lower price, you're just blowing hot air...

The raw materials to build a FirstWatt or Pass Labs amp cost a small fraction of the selling price as well, I guess Papa must be ripping us off....

Apples to oranges. You're comparing raw materials cost to s finished product cost. Unless you can demonstrate that some else is selling the SAME product at a significantly lower price, you're just blowing hot air...

The raw materials to build a FirstWatt or Pass Labs amp cost a small fraction of the selling price as well, I guess Papa must be ripping us off....

I buy small quantities of aluminum all the time. It has ranged from $1.25 to $3.35 per pound depending on the market. I can buy very small pieces under a pound up to 10,000 pounds at a time. The price per pound doesn't vary by much. But there are cutting and delivery charges if the order isn't a minimum size. Yesterday I got in about 1000 pounds of assorted shapes of metal.

If you buy really small quantities most distributors will have an assortment of cut offs for scrap pricing!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.