Pass Labs Xs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
whaaat ?

you didn't took superconductors in possible scheme , yet ?

:clown:

dunno - I meant that I'm biggest expectant of Veeery Complicated And Veeery Best Things from Pa(jammy) , but now it seems that you aren't so much behind me , at least spoeaking of Veeery Complicated ;

why would I worry for hose they're using - when I know that they're pretty much trained in keeping wet outa hull .

not bingo for ya this time - when sniffing da coke , ya don't need a couch ; later you can't afford one , or you are already have one , free with chips (and your own a$$) on bbq

;)

NTC for usual I need my hot seat pronto , later we can cruise

Zen Mod. Your comment about no transformers in the lower box is perplexing. Here's info from the Xs amp literature.

• Power supplies with greatly enhanced storage capacitance
  • Banks of redundantly parallel high speed / soft recovery rectifiers
  • Improved high frequency noise filters
  • Larger / quieter transformers
I hope that you resolve this conflict; noting that one or more power transformers in the lower box have a safety advantage of electrically isolating the user from the power company.

Best regards

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Even if Nelson gave us the schematics ( the Russian asteroid hitting me was more likely) a number of the semiconductors are made for Pass Labs and others are End of Life so we are all out of luck here, except Wayne and Nelson who deserve some income and intellectual property protection.

So the big question is when is the pool party at Nelson's - assuming his wine cellar has been restocked since Zen Mod was there.........

Last edited:
Cascoded Amplifier

There was talk in past posts about cascoding. I apologize to DIYers for asking late cascode questions which have already been asked and fully answered. The attached image shows a schematic which utilizes the cascoding practice of the transistors in the dual BA3 Front End schematic of post #225. Looks cluttered, may have a typo or several; but is actually simple to follow. Choose your wine. Classic cascode as in the FW article ZV8, or modulated cascode as in ZV9, or CLF [Xs amp literature] or mix and match.

• The current schematic like its uncascoded parent appears to approach an absolute symmetry of topology. Everywhere one looks, there are identical and complemetary mirror components [ in an ideal world].
  • Some may refer to the negative feedback used in both schematics as Schade Negative Feedback. I prefer to call it Pass Negative Feedback which is specific to solid state devices. BTW, Pass Negative Feedback also appeared in Figures 1 and 2 plus the front page of US 5,376,899.
  • But; this is a second distinct type of Pass Negative Feedback. It emanated from a second mirror [or identical] current source output [opposed drains of Right amp], crossed over and terminated at the summing port of the Left amp. And ditto for the reverse situation. A simultaneous double crossed Pass Negative Feedback.
I hope that the above is food for thought, entertaining, and not hogwash. Also, the above and its attached schematic have no connection at all to the guts and operation of the Pass Labs Xs amps. Thank you for your stimulating contributions in this thread.

Attachments

• Amplifier2.jpg
    Amplifier2.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 257
Even if Nelson gave us the schematics ( the Russian asteroid hitting me was more likely) a number of the semiconductors are made for Pass Labs and others are End of Life so we are all out of luck here, except Wayne and Nelson who deserve some income and intellectual property protection.

So the big question is when is the pool party at Nelson's - assuming his wine cellar has been restocked since Zen Mod was there.........

Your not counting big pool in back yard...with whales?

QUOTE]
I agree. Copying the excellence of Mr. Pass, and Pass Labs amps will be a foolish exercise, and futile.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.