Pass Labs Xs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:rofl:

Dumb Dutchie - it seems all that weed , combined with mileage , is taking it's toll , for both of us :devily:

didn't I tell ya that everything is already in da bloody thread : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/199308-pass-labs-xs-2.html#post3327601

who needs more ?

replace Milky Way (modulated?) cascodes with resistors , and whoila! - you're having Poor Dutchie XS , for scorching your Quad Blinds

324263d1358335854-pass-labs-xs-alfi.jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
what if we are picky , so we can tell that SE burden is part of OS ?

and remember that Pa is having plenty of them ....... there were times when few resistor can be called the same , but now was time for Demonstration of Force

when using parts from Tobbacco Store , logic is certainly different from case of Buying Snob Shunty , with 7 legged Toshiba in LTP

Thanks, Mr Colburn
(dad)

jacco vermeulen. Eight poles for a maximum of eight individual wires.
  • a + Vcc rail
  • a -Vcc rail
  • a common power rail to go with the above 2
  • two current source [load] rails
  • Three conductors TBD
Take a look at the link of the first post; picture of the amp on the side of the handles.
  • The bottom box shows a 3 conductor AC power male socket.The Xs literature talked about bigger and quieter transformers and "a bank of soft recovery diodes".
  • Anothe cable connects this box to the one atop it.
  • On the left side just under the handle of the top box may be an independent earth ground for this chassis.
  • Four speaker outputs; 2 black and two red. Speculation about the topology of the output stage{s} is welcome.
  • Maybe two RCA-style connectors under the right handle.
  • A multi-hole socket at the ~top center
  • And the Speakon.
NB. Zen Mod got to it first. Thanks ZM.

Last edited:
On the left side just under the handle of the top box may be an independent earth ground for this chassis.

Signal Ground.

My problem is with the 2 wires SE.
They go into High Ganja impedance (you know : MOSFET gates. Regardless of a bank of 3W Panasonic resistors in parallel, to side-rail the output)

Those +/- rail conductors carry large bags of current weeds, just think how high the charging peaks to the penthouse cans could reach.

And all those run side-by-side over a 5ft length, inside 0.8" diameter cable.
That's some fancy cable, please name me one that'll do the trick.

(btw, the Speakon only comes in 2, 4, and 8-pole. Using an 8-pole not necessarily means 8 conductors)

Attachments

• XS150 Earth.jpg
    XS150 Earth.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you're too old for ...... and too young to die ......... so why you should be so puzzled with welder ?

these 8 contacts can be shared for 4 conductors , and these you have plenty of types , even skinned as preputium graded snake

so , what's the fuss - PL guys already revealed where the Troops are , how many dust biters and how many horsemans

what probably will stay undisclosed is what's on now nice and small Greenfield , contrary to Stadium sized proto specimen

so - even if one is Schwarzie enough to put up for two TIG cases (with or without oxygene bottles ) , there is still question mark about wire feeding brain

:devilr:

(btw, did you notice the F5 output device glue-on thingy in the Xs)
Thank you jacco vermeulen for the close-up picture of the signal ground and negative ground labels. Unfortunately, I am disconnected from your question re F5. Dunno the answer.

Most important is that the Xs amp system works safely [first] and performs beautifully. I wonder if there is an answer in a twisted pair of conductors carrying in and out of phase large or small currents to address your earlier questions.

too old for lobotomy and too insane to die

Maybe because my flavor ranges from operation mode to cable code, from manufacturing to logistics, and from cost calculation to modular/standardising percentages.
Not just how to actively/passively force the steering wheel to the right on a tilting road (or electronically make front wheels communicate).

Likely why Pa(jammy) tale-chasing hasn't turned yawning yet, 28 years coming august.
(audio is also a better stimulant than sniffing coke during wuthering lows, saves plenty mulla on couch bills)

Ganja candy spit in the 150 =>

Attachments

• XS150 Glued Mfckr.jpg
    XS150 Glued Mfckr.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.