Pass Labs Xs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of course, but dedicated listening rooms may not be prevelant in diy circles, as many are building to have smething they could not otherwise afford.

QUOTE]

buzzforb. The patent on suppresing standing waves [US 4899387] stands out among its neighbors like a beacon. One may ask what's its got to do with Xs technology? Mr. Pass inserted it in this mix for maybe two reasons:
  • The power and accuracy of the Xs amp in conjunction with the driven loudspeakers suppresses standing waves.
  • Best to cleanup standing waves in the music room to fully appreciate ultimate performance.
The patent is a hybrid diy speaker-amp application. Doable; noting that you as a good example, diys both disciplines.

Best regards.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
@ Antoinel:
there is much less agendas in real world than you're implying , at least for my knowledge

that issue ( room correction) is , of course , audio stuff , but no way strictly connected to XS amps (thread)

Jacco - nothing wrong with bare copper ; tinned one is good for selling to snobs

I was thinking copper spayed with clear coting before installing caps, but i kinda like FiFi tin stuff idea....if I kind find/do it. I really am starting to close down shop....a little, so time to refine the designs and get to serious business. Jacco, he called you a snob:devilr:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Everything wrong with bare copper.

Plated mounting holes and a spray coating (resin/plastic) for the rest would work too, for snobs. A tin bath is less pretty, but more KISS.
Or pick a fatter aluminum plate.

(there's a case study report on sulphuric acid lying on my shelf, signed by yours truly)

Bare copper iz for rooftops and statues...... but really nice for that!!!! Toss 'em into the alodine tank for a bath - but for an 85K$ amp a bit of gold plating would look pretty sexy.... :cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
..... Jacco, he called you a snob:devilr:

not exactly but , if you insist , rather - ****** Dutchie DIY snob

that's sorta different than buying snob

edit - lookielookie - Engrish for segaiolo is *********** here :rofl:

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Great idea. May also consider other color options from Platinum , Rhodium and Iridium to follow and complete your line of thinking.

Az long az we are being silly az hell about even looking at an $85K amp and thinking we can do anything other than sprout a woody, we might az well consider the Feng Shui aspects of things too...... for example - does it sound better when facing East???? I mean heck - it iz the size of a small monument so we might az well get things right. Perhaps arranging things in a manner such az Stonehenge will help in solving the standing wave issues. :eek::eek::eek:

Az long az we are being silly az hell about even looking at an $85K amp and thinking we can do anything other than sprout a woody, we might az well consider the Feng Shui aspects of things too...... for example - does it sound better when facing East???? I mean heck - it iz the size of a small monument so we might az well get things right. Perhaps arranging things in a manner such az Stonehenge will help in solving the standing wave issues. :eek::eek::eek:

Stonehenge. Original surround sound theatre.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

point is - we can

Moby Dick , as already stated , spent some years around , calling whales back in water

he gave more than just breadcrumbs , but we are lousy Hansel & Gretel

Best of Hansel and Gretel (looney tunes) - YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.