Pass Labs Xs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
And folks ask why I frequently wake up with my fingers around his neck.

Bare in mind that Paps still is an Ace in cost cornering, still goes for 85k works.
(a Homey Economicus of audio)

And at the same time will hold workshops that will show you how to trim about $84,750 bucks off of that tab..... (depending on if ya wanna include a gold plated bus thingy or not)....

And at the same time will hold workshops that will show you how to trim about $84,750 bucks off of that tab..... (depending on if ya wanna include a gold plated bus thingy or not)....
This E-rapport is beneficial at many levels. It is entertaining, brings together people from all over the planet, and spurs ideas which maybe silly-crazy; like this one. Mr. Pass gives Dr. Mazzola 60 enlosure sides of to-be Xs or Y or Z amps. Build me a monolithic array of [60] SiC JFETs or SITs in each plate. Piece of cake; maybe!. Dr. Mazzola then integrates 30 SIC BJTs per side for KRELL amps. He then makes available sides [and heat sinks] for enclosures for switching apps and audio diy etc. Another beautiful color for the Xs amps is the black finish of SiC; baked or epitaxi.

I hope that you [like I] wish to keep this thread alive, entertaining and stimulating. Although the Xs amps are commercial, let's talk nonetheless about their guts. It'll give us a feel for this state of the art/science. I'll analyze/scour their published literature, look at pictures of their insides to develop good estimate circuits. Fortunately, its all there. Let's begin.

Question?
  • Are the power amplifying transistors NJFET or MOSFET?. At issue is the relative sum of their input capacitance; expected to be higher for MOSFET. I vote for SemiSouth NJFET.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just a though ....... if we arange massive GB of Gun Nails ....... and we buy , say , around 5T of proper size , maybe we can persuade Pa to construct special DiyA XS amp , just for Greeedy Boyz

be sure that he's capable to make it even with those for outputs

especially if we give him 5T of outputs just for that slight favor

( dunno which size we can use for input stage ?)

:devilr:

Attachments

• Nails-Gun-Nails.jpg
    Nails-Gun-Nails.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 228
Joined 2006
Paid Member
just a though ....... if we arange massive GB of Gun Nails ....... and we buy , say , around 5T of proper size , maybe we can persuade Pa to construct special DiyA XS amp , just for Greeedy Boyz
:devilr:

I'm thinking that Papa might be tempted to fire off a few of those at your azz just to keep you outta hiz shop tho..... I wonder where that stinky skunk iz at now dayz anyway..... hmmmmmm.... :D:D:D

The resolution of the inside pics of Xs amps needs improvement. buzzforb may disagree; noting that somebody/somewhere will thus unravel the secrets of what makes a Pass amp sound so awesome. Who else on our planet is in a position [of expertise and know-how etc.] or gives a damn like Mr. Pass to create this awesomeness? Besides; a clear picture is a beast of a thousand words. Why then hide all the art and beauty? Are there fake copies of Pass commercial amps? Never heard of them. Fuzzy pictures are still welcome, and will make my quest to understand Xs a welcome challenge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.