Pass Labs Xs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Antoinel - last patented is what you can see on top of enclosed pic ; that's Aleph CCS

ACA is nowhere near that ; ok - just one/two caps & resistors difference , but that's huge difference

219819d1303549345-concise-guide-published-amplifier-circuits-nelson-pass-patents.gif
Thanks Zen Mod. All of Mr. Pass's patents are truly creative inventions.
Kind regards.

Btw, Mr Colburn mentioned 112 output devices, including the current source.
Bookie talks about newer/improved current source, enabling tighter knickers and a Single-Ended bias level times ten.

Then there's the Modulated Cascode wrapper.
And somewhere in the middle, Papa mentions skinning his customers in five different ways.

Then farmer hick had to correct a line-array'er in the basement on the A75 article.
After which the hickster had a mental flashback episode of an astronaut tail, which had the word cascode in it, times ten.

Then Con-fuci-yu's rang the door bell, more Can't-or-Neahze food for thought.
1-leg whale can't go anywhere anyway, after his foot got hacked by the real McCoy, and hopping around the house hurts head.

Papa il Consigliere advised the Flying Doctor on cascoded output stages (in this case a BJT/MOSFET cascode), spoke a Veil Tail.
Eer, but that no imply cascode no good for current source.
EuDicka ! Ratio Agricolae.

You familiar with A100 works of chuting Norman ?

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Headache arrives every day.

I is-you-ain't speaking of cascode OS.
I is-you-are speaking of output devices and current sources.

moi not speaking about cascodes in OS , that's sure

Me question is :
- if SE bias is not achieved with a stack of Blue-Torch Panasonics, but with part of the 112 ?
- how many does 10x SE bias level take ?

-not following ya weedy trail for Panasonics , so it must be with part of 112 ..... as your Pa confirmed

-exactly 10 times more reffering to something previous which Pa address as 10 times less :devily:
remember eenyweeny Panasonics ( aha - I got it now , ya nasty Dutchsiessssss) in previous SE arrangements , where "substantial SE bias " was addressed ?

in some instances they were changed for serious 3-legged stuff

now just imagine that you have 10x more serious 3-legged stuff ...... or just imagine one 30-legged :rofl:

me having feeling that some nasty nailessess are used as SE Bias conductors in nasty XSesssesss

Pa really didn't gave me detailed info , so take everything as usual mental dreking of Mighty Moi .....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
"Huge constant current sources" , might have been faster if you told me to RTF-OM :
https://passlabs.com/images/uploads/manual/Xs_amp_om.pdf

(last time me visited, it wasn't there yet)
Answer to the umbilical saga.

that's just another funny proof that you're more trusting to what you see on pics and read between fuzzy lines , than what Mighty Moi is telling ya :rofl:

what's RTF-OM ? ya know I'm lousy with those Dutchie acronyms :clown:

The four
massive banks of output devices used in the X and XA series became
six massive banks, with the bias current provided by the constant
current sources increased by a factor of ten. This expanded the
single-ended power range by a factor of 100. Of course this created
a need for more and better power supply, so we created a supply
with larger power transformer, paralleled fast/soft recover rectifiers,
and double the storage capacitance. The separate power supply also
holds the huge constant current sources used to bias the output
stage of the amplifier. It dissipates approximately half the energy
and contributes further to the performance by isolating the radiated
power supply noise from the main amplifier. The extra heat sinking
is very convenient, as the amplifier dissipates about three times its
output power rating.

didn't I told ya already the same , and that's nothing else than pure logic , or we aren't eating same breadcrumbs ?

whatever , I think it's time for you to buy a pair ( even smaller ones ) , you can use them as welders one day , when you are going to have your assituated on da hull , strictly

:spin:

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2012-03-03 14.58.44-2.jpg
    2012-03-03 14.58.44-2.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no - my head is spinned this time

I didn't get about what you are speaking it's changed ?

B4 ?

and where is that info , about alleged change

maybe I can help ...... or maybe just Pa can help , but we can't know that without knowing about what's the fuss

I mean , Buzz ( not fuss ) :rofl:

edit :

ook ya , Cher ;

4 banks are in attic

2 lazy banks are in cellar

"empty" ground-floor ( acting Invisible Man role ) is where Babelfish will be situated ( serving as turbocharger for that umbilical ; don't think about fake Naim and Cyrus addies )

conclusion - XS are , from start , intended to be 3+3 case jobbie

:devily:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.