for headphones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But Gilmore's amp runs openloop... so it would require some modification of the gain of each stage to alow some global x-feedback .

Or do you would the feedback to stay local? Then the modification would only be around the two input stages ala x-bosoz, wouldn't it?

Regards,
Thijs

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
tschrama,
By openloop do you mean no global feedback? There is global feedback -- in the block diagram under the schematic, showing the bias opamp, the feedback goes into -I through the 10K resistor.
Nelson, he didn't write that the sound is totally unaffected by the servo, just that it's a less significant effect.

Actually I'm more interested in another Gilmore amp that I want to build: this one; could this be easier to mutate into a SUSY design?
(I know I asked this in another post, but there wasn't a complete diagram; also sorry about errors in this one)

This amp design is very weird. The "Servo" is very much in the feedback loop. Just because it runs at an extremely low frequency, doesn't mean the amp has no feedback. The author somehow feels that modulating the current on the front-end is somehow better than just modulating the negative input, but doesn't provide any evidence regarding that. You could replace the whole servo setup with a pot, adjust it once, and be done with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.