Threshold DAC2 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I was wondering is anyone has the schematic to the DAC2? I have one that is not coming out of "Hard Mute". It seems that all of the custom components are working properly because if I float pin 17 of the HDCD (PDM-100) and gently ground it (4.7k ohm) it passes the digital streams to the DAC's and I can faintly hear the stereo output bleeding thru the analog mute/relay. I'm using the toslink input, but have not confirmed any other input. The input switching and power supplies also seems ok. I have no other indicators other than the power LED.

There is a PAL 16V8 chip that is the source of controlling the [inactive] mode LED's and analog mute circuits. Of coures, without validating the inputs are correct, I can only suspect either a logic issue with it or other source input circuitry holding the whole thing in hard mute. I have located a post of the AES-21 that has a PDF attachment, which has most of the DAC2 circuitry on it except for the multiple input circuits. But it doesn't encompassing the PAL part. I would even try programming another 16V8 if anyone has the source file(s), but my assumption is that it's secured.

Any help out there or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
Don

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.