DIY Aleph enclosure possible avaiable by GP
DIY Aleph enclosure POSSIBLE (no guarranty) avaiable by group purchase from professional manufacturer, still workng on the price
Possible price $200~ 250 (no more than 250) + s/h inside continental US avaiable about end of November.
If interested (more than 80% possibility of purchase), please email me without payment by 09/10/2003, pay when noticed !
About me, just a audiophile and have all positive feedback at ebay & audiogon !
The information about it is as follows:
Weigh: ~ 18 Kg or 40 Lbs each
suitable for Aleph 2, 3, 4 & 5.
Heatsink size H250mmxW340mm
room temp. : 28C or 83F
IRF240 bias current : 500ma
operating duration: 3 hours
heat sink temp: 60C (140F) +- 5%
The web site will not come up. Can you post a photo?
BTW, I'm also a proud owner of genuine Aleph 5 of Pass Labs
driving Dunlavy SC-4 ! IMHO, it beats my KSA-250 in every aspect except bass, I guess.
If this works out you will not have an excose not to build the amps.
These cases would work nice for a high-powered-AlephX.
jrsun ... price you quoted is each or per pair? It's probably each but I'm asking anyway.
Looks very interesting. Since the most difficult part of these projects seems to be threading the blind holes to attach the output transistors to the heatsink, perhaps pre-threaded and pre-drilled holes would be a great option. (and a lot easier for a machine shop to do) :nod:
Count me in for one
I have been using wood, but lack of aluminum tools has been the reason.
For the heatsink drilling and tapping, it looks more difficult than it is. Home Depot and other sell matched bits and taps for 3-4 dollars. I used machine oil, but other say to use water or alcohol. Either way a lubricant should make a stereo amp a one or two tap project. One last tip, drill the holes with a drill press, hand drilling will give crooked holes.
What are the dimensions, I would prefer something the height of the Aleph 30 or so.
To answer some questions
1. the price is for each box
2. I do not have thermal data. but if it can handle Aleph 2 (100W mono) , should be able to handle Aleph 3 (30Wx2). correct me if I'm wrong.
After receiving several replies, the updated game plan is
1. I'll try my best locking the price at $200 per box + shipping
2. I'll place the order 09/10 morning so I need yuor name, exact number of order (how many boxes you want toi buy?) and desposit ($50 for each box) by midnight 09/09 eastern time from each buyer. Any trackable tracking number showing the check is sent is good enough. I accept paypal, please email me for my account and add 3%.
3. If purchase fails, deposit will be returned asap.
4. sorry for the hurry, information will be updated anytime if so needed.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:40 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio